FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wide angle lens for Sony EX3

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Harlow
Wide angle lens for Sony EX3
on Dec 30, 2010 at 4:23:36 pm

Was wondering if had any ideas about about 1/2" wide angle lenses for the Sony EX3 - what about the Fuji 13x3.3 or the Fuji 13x4.6? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
Re: Wide angle lens for Sony EX3
on Dec 30, 2010 at 5:08:05 pm

I have the Fujinon 4mm - 32mm made for the EX3 and I love it.
http://www.fujinon.com/Broadcast/Product.aspx?cat=27&id=1206

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Mike Harlow
on Dec 30, 2010 at 5:16:39 pm

Thank you. Have you, or anybody else, heard anything about the Fuji 13x3.3 or the Fuji 13x4.6 for the EX3?

Return to posts index

Sandor Bondorowsky
on Dec 30, 2010 at 5:42:06 pm

We have the Fujinon 3.3. Its an awesome lens! Highly recommend, just pricey. Makes jib guys and stedi ops very happy.

Return to posts index

Mike Harlow
on Dec 30, 2010 at 5:45:12 pm

Yeah, heard great things about the 3.3, but yes, pricey, according to the company that's hiring me, but, you get what you pay for.

Thanks, for the info.

Return to posts index

Max Reid
on Jan 2, 2011 at 8:39:25 pm

After using the Sony 0.8 wide adaptor for six months without ever taking it off, I got the 4-32 WA zoom. It's a lot wider than the standard lens with the adaptor. Very handy when you work close.

I shot some tests. Blew the images up 100x. They showed a very slight difference. The standard lens is slightly sharper, probably undetectable in regular production.

Also tested the 0.8 adaptor on the standard zoom, and there is difference in sharpness. The adaptor results are still very good, but the WA zoom is better.

If there is a major difference between standard and WA zooms, it seems like the WA, or at least the one I have, has less contrast then the standard. This might make it seem less sharp, but the difference is easily adjusted in post.

The WA zoom is also a front heavy lens, a problem for some. I have had no problems with halos or unusual flare in even the most contrasty situations. I'm happy to have it. It's on the camera most of the time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]