FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't change clip name in xdcam transfer or in FCP

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hans Shi
Can't change clip name in xdcam transfer or in FCP
on Dec 22, 2010 at 1:28:20 am

Hey guys,

I've got a Sony xdcam HD PDW-1500, and i was trying to export some clips from FCP(mine is v6.06) to the PDW-1500 by using xdcam transfer. The problem i've got is when i using file->export->sony xdcam, a window come up to tell me to setup all the preferences, and in this window i was try to change the clip name but it wouldn't let me change, when the clip get into the blue ray disk, i can only change the disk name but not the clip name.

There is a post that saying (By default "Add clip title" is checked) then i can start change the clip name, but i've tried and it didn't work, is there any other setting that i need to change in xdcam transfer or in FCP?

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: Can't change clip name in xdcam transfer or in FCP
on Dec 22, 2010 at 2:47:59 pm

Hi Hans,

This is happening because the deck's free naming function is turned off. When this is the case an exported file can only have the next available 'Cxxxx' name. On the deck, change menu 36, 'File Naming,' from 'Cxxxx' to 'Free.' After this you can use arbitrary file names.

Best,

Ian

Ian Cook
Sony Broadcast and Professional Company

Return to posts index

Hans Shi
on Dec 23, 2010 at 3:04:48 am

Thanks Lan

How ever i still have one question, which is where can i find this menu 36? coz i can't find it on the PWD-1500, or in the xdcam transfer

Return to posts index

Hans Shi
on Dec 23, 2010 at 3:22:55 am

Hey thanks lan, don't worry about my other poster anymore, i got it working, thanks a lot.

By the way happy holiday!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]