FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can you drop edited sequences onto SxS cards after FCP

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julian Fisher
Can you drop edited sequences onto SxS cards after FCP
on Dec 15, 2010 at 9:40:12 am

Hi,

I want to cut vision with FCP and then export back onto SxS card if possible. I need to play vision after it's cut out of the camera because as a country based News Cammo, I need to play out vision at race tracks etc that have links to the city via little boxes I plug a BNC into. (SDI out)

I have just shot vision I want to cut - send back to the camera - and then out via SDI output.

Is it as easy as dragging & dropping the finished .mov file onto the SxS icon on my desktop.

This has never been a prob because I've never had to cut it first!

Any help much appreciated by a non technical person!

Sorry I'm not at all technical...

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: Can you drop edited sequences onto SxS cards after FCP
on Dec 15, 2010 at 2:29:42 pm

Hi Julian,

The process for exporting back to the card from FCP involves two steps-- placing the file on the card and then updating the card so that the new file is properly integrated into its file/folder structure.

1) Export as .mp4 from Final Cut Pro to the SxS card (File-->Export-->Sony XDCAM, select the SxS card as the destination). This step places the file on the card. Once this is done the card needs to be updated.

2) Do one of the following to update the card and register the new file:

a) Open the Sony Clip Browser software and perform a 'refresh' of the SxS card. Once this is done you'll see a new thumbnail for the exported file.

b) Disconnect the camera and go to Menu-->Others-->Clip-->Update and perform the update. This registers the file, generates the necessary metadata and thumbnail, and allows the file to play back on the camera or any other EX device.

You can also use Clip Browser to manually file-->import the new file to the SxS card. Select the card in the Explorer window and file-->import the file you mastered from FCP.

Hope this is helpful...

Best,

Ian

Return to posts index

Julian Fisher
Re: Can you drop edited sequences onto SxS cards after FCP
on Dec 16, 2010 at 5:30:37 am

Thanks so much for your help it works perfectly, I played out to the city earlier today. I REALLY appreciate your time...Cheers

Julez

Sorry I'm not at all technical...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]