FORUMS: list search recent posts

HDD PXU-MS 240 error -- "Copy Button is Invalid"

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim O'Donnell
HDD PXU-MS 240 error -- "Copy Button is Invalid"
on Nov 27, 2010 at 8:07:28 pm

I am using Sony's mobile storage drive HDD PXU-MS240 for the first time this week with SxS cards shot on EX3. I own none of this gear, it is all rented and this is my first time through this download process.

Earlier this week, I successfully downloaded two cards into the MS240, and I have since moved that media to an external drive for edit. It seems the drive worked perfectly, i was able to see the clip data on the MS240's menu screen and I was able to save media properly to the respective drive partitions, etc.

I am now attempting to download more cards . . . this batch of cards includes the two cards that were successfully downloaded once already this week, as well as four cards I am putting into the MS240 for the first time. Each time I insert a card, I can Browse SxS and see all the clips listed in Clip Info, and I see the total GBs on each card. Looks good at this point.

But the MS240 gives me the same error report for every card when I try to copy media from the cad to the MS240, it reads -- " ! copy button is invalid " then it returns to the Clip Info data for the card. The HDD cartridge on the MS240 has plenty of space on all three partitions. I don't know what the problem is here, nor have I had any luck asking others . . . nobody I have spoken to has ever seen this error report. This error report is not detailed in the operating manual, nor have I found any references to it online.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]