FORUMS: list search recent posts

Getting a lens adaptor plus lens for my Sony PMW -EX1... which re the best... and cheapest?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phil Meachem
Getting a lens adaptor plus lens for my Sony PMW -EX1... which re the best... and cheapest?
on Nov 26, 2010 at 6:48:59 pm

Hey,

I have myself a Sony PMW-EX1 and love it but hate the fact the depth of field is extremely limited. As a filmmaker, it frustrates me when making films.

I have been doing some research and found a lens adaptor and lens for just over a grand but want to see if I can get a better deal and see what other lens adaptors are out there.

Can anyone help us out???

Phil

Divided Productions: "Passionate, Dedicated and Determined"

Return to posts index

Ronnie Martin
Re: Getting a lens adaptor plus lens for my Sony PMW -EX1... which re the best... and cheapest?
on Nov 26, 2010 at 8:25:14 pm

Hello: "getting a lens " for your ex-1? Are you sure?? The lens does not come off on the Ex-1. There are several wide and telephoto adapter lenses for the Ex-1 and the ex-1R all of which have their quirks. Some of the Wide angle adapters will not allow complete zoom at wide and the same goes for some of the telephoto adapters. I had a century optics wide angle and it showed cropping of the image on wide and from what

The Ex-3 stock lens does come off and is actually a pretty good HD lens when you consider the price. Depending on what lens you get for the EX-3 you can spend more that what the camera originally cost.

I have both the Ex-1R and the Ex-3 and both are outstanding cameras for the work that I do. The ex-3 is two years old and I have never had the stock lens off.

I am not sure but there may be some type adapter for the lens on the Ex-1 that will do what you want it to do. The folks on this forum are a fountain of knowledge and I am sure will come to your rescue..

Take care

Ronnie

Good luck

Ronnie

Ronnie Martin
Kato Video Productions
http://www.dirtracingvideo.com
http://www.ramtv.tv

Return to posts index

Phil Meachem
Re: Getting a lens adaptor plus lens for my Sony PMW -EX1... which re the best... and cheapest?
on Nov 27, 2010 at 11:31:25 am

Yeah, we'll i have been looking at Philip Bloom and his knowledge on lens adaptors. What I am wanting for my Sony PMW-EX1 is a 35 mm lens adaptor WITH lens and a support railings to help create an amazing depth of field. (Thats the one thing my camera lacks)

I would really like a similar set up that the film 'Monsters' (2011) was shot on. I believe it was a Sony EX3 with 35 mm lens adaptor and a small range of lens. The crew on that film consisted of just two people (director and sound man) plus cast. The footage is amazing!!!

Yeah, I hope the people on here can help as this seams to be the forum to be on.

Phil Meachem

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Nov 26, 2010 at 8:27:52 pm

[Phil Meachem] "want to see if I can get a better deal"
It's really not a good idea to shop on price alone.
There's various Letus and RedRock adaptors available but you really should look at features relative to price.

Return to posts index

Phil Meachem
on Nov 27, 2010 at 11:39:09 am

Yes, I have been looking at the Letus extreme I think and it seams to be compatible with the Sony PMW-EX1 but I am trying to see which one has the best quality for a goos price. I found Jeg35 who do a lens adaptor for 300 Dollars which is damn cheap. This also has:

Spinning screen
Strong heavy-duty aluminum casing
Available w/ Canon FD, EF,Nikon & M42
Back Focus Adjustment

I'm just trying to see what is best for my camera :)

Phil Meachem

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]