FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Fail to Import" on XDCAM Transfer

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paulo Pandolpho
"Fail to Import" on XDCAM Transfer
on Nov 25, 2010 at 1:27:56 pm

Hi there,

I'm using XDCAM Transfer to import files shot in both EX1 and EX3 into FCP.

I imported all shooting days folders without any problems, but when trying to import one of them (shot with EX3) I get the "Fail to Import" message. The weird thing is that the clips play just fine in the XDCAM Browser.

What I'm doing now is using XDCAM Browser to create an MXF which I can open in XDCAM Transfer and import the file. The problem is that I as I don't have the Pro version all the clips come with a watermark.

Does anyone know any other solution other than what I'm doing right now?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: "Fail to Import" on XDCAM Transfer
on Nov 25, 2010 at 4:23:01 pm

Not enough information for any detailed help.
use ClipBrowser 2.6 and XDCAM Transfer 2.12.

Please explain exactly what you've tried that resulted in "Failed to Import." Please describe as if talking to a blind but expert auto mechanic or surgeon. Perhaps you are doing something wrong. Perhaps there's a problem with the metadata. If the clips play back as one in ClipBrowser, the metadata may be fine.

Why not just import the clips in question as orphaned .mp4?

ClipBrowser MXF to NLE is a free function. That you are getting a watermark implies you are using a paid MainConcept codec.

You REALY need to describe what you are doing.

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: "Fail to Import" on XDCAM Transfer
on Nov 29, 2010 at 2:30:56 pm

Hi Paulo-

Have you tried using Clip Browser or XDCAM Browser to manually import the .mp4 to a new BPAV folder?

Is this one clip on an SxS card or is the source/volume an archived folder? Do you know if the clip spans multiple cards? Also please verify that you're using Transfer v 2.12.

If all else fails you can try using the trial version of the Sony 'Cinemon' plug-in to import the file. (Cinemon is a QuickTime plug-in that allows files to be dragged into FCP without being rewrapped/converted.) If this works you can either purchase the plugin or transcode to another format within FCP before the 60 day trial runs out.

Let us know how things work out...

Best,

Ian

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]