FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reduce render time with iphone 4 footage in FCP?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Olly Lawer
Reduce render time with iphone 4 footage in FCP?
on Nov 21, 2010 at 6:25:46 pm

Hi,

Editing some footage in FCP shot on an iPhone 4. Set sequence settings automatically. Everything I drop in the sequence is taking about an hour per minute footage to edit. How can I change the settings to reduce this?

Thanks

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Reduce render time with iphone 4 footage in FCP?
on Nov 21, 2010 at 11:36:05 pm

Transcode everything to ProRes in Compressor before you start editing. That will take overnight most likely but then you'll be all set. And transcode time is directly related to your processor speed and amount of RAM.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

Olly Lawer
on Nov 22, 2010 at 9:53:15 pm

Thanks.

Do you mean the Apple ProRes 422 under QT settings in Compressor? Not the advanced settings where you can differentiate between interlaced and progressive? (which does the iphone shoot in out of interest?

It's still wanting to render the footage in FCP - but not taking as long...

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Nov 23, 2010 at 1:19:13 am

Then you are doing something wrong- ProRes footage should never require rendering in a ProRes timeline. I'd guess you are still using the H.264 based timeline- not a good idea. Use the ProRes preset in Compressor to convert your H,264 camera footage. Then create a new sequence in FCP using the same ProRes codec as the sequence codec. And then there should be zero rendering- unless of course you're on an ancient Mac.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]