FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using non Sony SxS express cards

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julian Fisher
Using non Sony SxS express cards
on Nov 18, 2010 at 9:41:30 am

Hello,

on release of a new 64gig express card by Sony, I wanted to ask if anybody has any advice regarding non Sony cards and SD adaptors. Playing and paying Sony's game is expensive to say it nicely, - so wanted to know if anyone had experience with the new 64gig Verbatim cards, or maybe even users that were only using SD via an adaptor. Are there any problems during clip transfer, do the XD programs have any issue with the SD cards whatsoever? Has anyone had a problem with this much cheaper solution?

Thanks so much for your time.

Sorry I'm not at all technical...

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
Re: Using non Sony SxS express cards
on Nov 18, 2010 at 2:21:36 pm

I have been using the M&R adapter with transcend 16 gig class 6 cards for a few years on days that require nonstop shooting and I trust these cards, however there are limitations to them. Early firmware versions did allow the use of these adapters but if you stopped recording you had to wait for the camera to finish recording to the card before you could start to record another clip, and if you didn't the camera would send an error message.

Whatever card you choose make sure to properly test it, and only use it when you need it. I use the Nano Flash and duel record with the camera to ensure my data. I have been recommending this workflow for two reasons, it ensures you will have the video you shot and the Nano will allow you to go beyond the limits of the cameras compression with extremely affordable Compact Flash media. Less compression means better HD.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]