FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing footage from Canon XF305 audio problems

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Barney Batchelor
Importing footage from Canon XF305 audio problems
on Nov 15, 2010 at 10:04:32 am

Morning guys,

I am using FCP 7.0 and XDCAM transfer to import footage from a Canon XF305 on mac. The footage is playing fine in XDCAM transfer with no problems however when I import to FCP the audio sounds slightly sped up and jarred, it goes out of sync after 1 or 2 seconds although plays fine in the transfer utility. I can't use the software disc for my FCP which comes with the XF Utility as I am on my own mac to edit some footage together for the contributors of the programme and am transferring the cards using a work laptop which does have the XF Utility programme installed. Worst comes to worst I can ask head office to send up the disc to us but was wondering if anybody has come across this before...

The files and folders are similar to P2, as follows:
CONTENTS > CLIPS001 > INDEX.MIF + 1157 + 1158 + 1159 etc > 1159.CIF, 1159.THM, 1159.XML, 115901.MXF, 115901.SIF

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Importing footage from Canon XF305 audio problems
on Nov 15, 2010 at 4:12:06 pm

Canon has a plugin for FCP import. You should use that. I believe it's available for download. It's hard to understand why you're not using it but there's a right way to do this and it's what you should use.

Return to posts index

Barney Batchelor
on Nov 15, 2010 at 4:41:18 pm

Hi Craig, thanks for your response!

I'm not using it because I can't find it anywhere. I've tried searching for it to no avail. It appears to only be available from the software disc, which is 300 miles away from location ATM. Is it a Canon plug in for the L&T function for XF305/300's specifically?

Thanks,

B

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Nov 15, 2010 at 6:28:52 pm

http://www.usa.canon.com/uploadedimages/FCK/Image/White%20Papers/XF300-305_...

But I'm only seeing the Avid version available online.
http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/camcorders/professional_cam...

But the Asia site seems to allow the download if you check the agreement on the bottom
http://support-th.canon-asia.com/contents/TH/EN/0300388701.html

Return to posts index

carrie patsalis
on May 1, 2011 at 9:20:40 pm

Hi!

I have EXACTLY the same problem. Director went on a shoot - didn't have the disc to download but camera hire company said it was fine to transfer footage onto hard drive, THEN download software on to computer to be able to pull into FCP - have done that, tried to go to 'log and transfer' in FCP - nothing. Editor pulled footage in to FCP using sony xdcam transfer - footage went in - looked fine, but sound totally out and jittery. Does anyone have any ideas?
Blimin' nigtmare!
Thanks
Carrie

Return to posts index

carrie patsalis
on May 3, 2011 at 8:44:27 am

I've sorted it!

Return to posts index

Philip Timm
on May 16, 2011 at 7:08:58 pm

You've sorted it!

Hooray!

Ummm...can you share how you sorted it, please, so the n-million other people out here having the same problems might be able to fix it, too?

Regards,

Phil

Return to posts index

Chris Cameron
on Jul 8, 2011 at 5:50:36 pm

I am experiencing this myself. Can you please share or has anyone else been able to sort this out?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]