FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX3 Shoulder mount

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julian Fisher
EX3 Shoulder mount
on Nov 15, 2010 at 9:04:52 am

Hi there.

Can anybody please suggest a good quality but basic shoulder plate that will fit to where the generic shoulder pad comes from, and not from the tripod base plate? Being a news shooter I have to jump on and off tripod quickly, so would prefer the shoulder support not to slow this process. I appreciate greatly any help or tips anyone can give. Thanks for your time...

Return to posts index

Will Salley
Re: EX3 Shoulder mount
on Nov 15, 2010 at 3:00:55 pm

I use this:

http://store.redrockmicro.com/Catalog/microShoulderMountRigs

The shoulder mount itself can be used without rails and the tripod plate can be attached to the bottom so it can stay on the camera all the time. It's still not as balanced as a full-sized camera, but it's a lot better than the stock shoulder pad.

Mac Pro 2x2.8 Quadcore - 10.6.3 - QT 7.6.3 - 22 GB RAM - nvidia8800GT - SATA internal & external storage - Blackmagic Multibridge Pro - Open GL 1.5.10 - Wacom Intous2 tablet - AJA io
SONY XDCAM EX3 - Letus Elite - FC7.0.2 - CS4 Prod Prem.

Return to posts index

Mary Crowley
on Nov 15, 2010 at 3:13:11 pm

Would you consider this? http://www.dvtec.tv/id2.html

I have the Multi Rig Pro for my EX1 and it's brilliant. Really made made products and the customer care is great too.

Mary.

Return to posts index

Michael Pruitt-Bruun
on Nov 15, 2010 at 3:09:10 pm

the vf gadgets plate covers the entire base of the camera, but it's a semi-permanent install. you can leave your tripod wedge-plate in place all the time.

with a battery mount and a v-mount or AB battery in place, it's very comfortable and balanced for shoulder-mount shooting.

Return to posts index

Julian Fisher
on Nov 16, 2010 at 3:02:47 am

Thank you so much for your advice everybody I'm looking at all of those options now.

Return to posts index

jim stamos
on Nov 16, 2010 at 4:08:22 am

julian
go to exmount.com and westsideav.com, the westside is very well built and gives a nice balance for a reasonable price. he has ex3s himself and hes very flexible on what you need
olof is the owners name
exmount.com is the latest mount which is probably the best one yet, but its more expensive

Return to posts index

Julian Fisher
on Nov 18, 2010 at 9:34:27 am

Thanks the latter is in my price range atm, but there are some true solutions here as I invest more. Thanks so much for your help.

Return to posts index

Butch Henderson
on Dec 6, 2010 at 9:00:47 pm

We have been using the DM-Accessories swing out plate with the Sony VCT-14 plates from our old SX Cameras

http://shop.dm-accessories.com/products/ex3-shoulder

Butch Henderson
KCPQ-TV, Seattle

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]