FORUMS: list search recent posts

SxS card stuck in slot (back to front)

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George Pagliero
SxS card stuck in slot (back to front)
on Nov 9, 2010 at 3:52:58 pm

Hi guys, I'm in camera trouble - can someone help?! I'm embarrassed to say I wasn't concentrating and accidentally started to put my SxS card into the slot on my EX1 the wrong way round. Didn't push it or force it, only partially put it in the slot when I realised I was being dumb. But now it won't come out. Something is catching and I don't want to force it as there are delicate mechanics in there. Has anyone ever done this and found an easy fix? On a job and need to shoot but really don't want to damage the camera. Any help!!! Thanks in advance, George

Return to posts index

Ron Pestes
Re: SxS card stuck in slot (back to front)
on Nov 10, 2010 at 12:44:47 am

I had that happen once and used a paper clip to get it unstuck. Just be careful. Not sure if this will help in your case but it worked for me. Good luck.

Apple Certified Master Pro FCS 2
Sony EX-3
MacBook Pro

Return to posts index

Benjamin Matzke
on Jan 11, 2015 at 10:35:23 pm

I just did the same thing. Where did you insert a paperclip to get the card unhooked?

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Nov 10, 2010 at 4:12:01 am

Have you tried pushing in the eject button for that slot and pulling out the card at the same time?

- Don

Don Greening
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index

George Pagliero
on Nov 10, 2010 at 11:00:14 am

Thanks for messages. The eject button was sadly no use as it hadn\'t been \'armed\' by fully inserting the card. And bizarrely I couldn\'t find a paperclip - seemingly not popular in remote Chile - but I did similar with a leatherman blade and eventually it came free. I\'m surprised the design allows this - it\'s alarming to think you could damage the slot in such a simple way - but I\'ve learned my lesson!

Return to posts index

Paul Anderegg
on Mar 30, 2015 at 12:55:45 pm

Old post, but it just happened to me, in my brand new $320 reader! There are like little tabs like fingers on the side that is on the top of the card in the slot. I ended up tearing a business card in half, and working it in the slot on the top side of the card, pulling the card in and out to work the business card across and deeper than the card. That worked, sort of like using a slim jim on a car lock!

Paul

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]