FORUMS: list search recent posts

Express card slot unit with PCIe I/face for a PC

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pushpanatha de Silva
Express card slot unit with PCIe I/face for a PC
on Nov 6, 2010 at 1:57:10 am

I would like to know the best PCIe - (To be used with Sony SXS and MXM )Express card slot/unit available in the market. Which can be connected to a PC motherboard via PCIe slot. I have seen SIIG.com has made one but it seems there r some problems when hot swapping express cards after downloading to Hardisk...seems that need to reboot for each swap of Expresscard. Looking for better unit than the one manufactured by SIIG.com. Thanks

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Express card slot unit with PCIe I/face for a PC
on Nov 6, 2010 at 3:11:40 am

SxS cards are PCIe
MxM and the like are USB.

This is the ONLY one I know of that fits your description.
http://www.sonnettech.com/product/qio.html

Return to posts index

Pushpanatha de Silva
on Nov 6, 2010 at 6:08:02 am

Thx Craig 4 info...
It seems to be very expensive...US$999.00 for a unit without the PCIe I/face card. But very impressevie unit.
I am waiting for some more response...Even original Sony SXS card reader with USB2 interface cable cost me A$450.00..I know that's only for SXS. This particular unit is for Multicards...for Panasonic, etc.,

Return to posts index

Mike Drew
on Nov 8, 2010 at 1:25:56 am

It does come with the PCI-E interface card. You get to choose what Interface card you want, either PCI-E or Express Card 34. We had one on demo for a week and I highly recommend it. we ordered 2, one for each edit bay and an extra Express card adapter for when we are on long road trips. It takes all pro level interface cards and reads them at Good speeds, much better than USB card readers.

HTH

Mike Drew

Mike Drew

Avid AE Shake Flame

Return to posts index

Pushpanatha de Silva
on Nov 8, 2010 at 8:41:52 am

Mike, do u have QIO brans Sonnet unit?? How much u bought that unit and where u bought from?? Do u have website address where u bought it??
My idea is mounting in a HDD bay at front of the PC tower..so that it's easy to swap the cards Do u know whether it works for M&M card adaptors also??
Are u happy with the product..do u have to boot the PC each time u swap a SXS mem card or M&M adaptor??
Thx.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]