How to save subclips in xdcam disc

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
eugen cela
How to save subclips in xdcam disc
on Nov 4, 2010 at 4:06:42 pm

Hi
I have a small problem

I edit with final cut 7 (leopard 10.5.8)

The material are on XDCam so I import from Xdcam transfer.

The problem is that if I want to see the material on an other computer (windows in this case) I can write many description on xdcam transfer and I can save them on the disc, but I canĀ“t save the In/out (subclip)

When I import the material on the mac pro I can see the descrption but not the subclip

It is possible?

Return to posts index

Daniel Wright
Re: How to save subclips in xdcam disc
on Nov 4, 2010 at 11:20:01 pm

There is no 'official' solution for saving your subclip mark up made in XDCAM Transfer.

There are some possibilities, however.

If you are working only with Macs:
(1) You could save the database created by XDCAM Transfer. The path can be found by looking on the Cache tab in the preferences. You should find three folders there. Save the one containing the database and the one containing the thumbnails to the General folder of your disc. Don't bother saving the proxies because XDCAM Transfer can make those again ('Fetch Proxies' from the disc's context menu).

On the other machine, copy the database and thumbnail folders out of the General folder into a folder somewhere sensible and then change XDCAM Transfer's Cache path to point to there. You should then be able to see your mark up just as it was.

(2) Alternatively, you can use the Applescripts posted on this thread to save all your logging to a file and then retrieve it again.

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/142/870550#870581

If you want to see subclips made with XDCAM Transfer in Windows, then I'm not really sure. It's easy enough to write the logging to a file (e.g Robert's script) but then you need something on Windows that can show it. There may be a possibility with the PDZ-1 software but I don't have much experience with it myself and I suspect this would be non-trivial.

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Nov 8, 2010 at 5:10:07 pm

Apologies for the late response. Daniel is correct-- the sub clip information is stored in the SQL database located in the XDCAM Transfer library folder. You can move the database between machines running the same version of Transfer if you need this info to be portable. Unfortunately this is really the only way to do it.

As an alternative you can tell XDCAM Transfer to add the in/out time codes to the names of the subclips that are imported. This is done in the prefs under 'Import.'

Return to posts index

eugen cela
on Nov 8, 2010 at 5:23:00 pm

Thank You very much for the answer

Now I am sure I am not doing some mistake but the tecnology dont permit to save the subclip

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]