FORUMS: list search recent posts

mysterious Chroma pulsing

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Leckey
mysterious Chroma pulsing
on Oct 29, 2010 at 5:07:26 am

I shot a doc with 4 EX3's shooting 1080p30. While viewing the footage I notice that the chroma is pulsing about twice a second. looking at it n the waveform the blue and red channels are pulsing in amplitude about 5% but the green channel is unaffected. On the vectorscope you can see the same pulsing between green and magenta.

The same effect appears on all 4 cameras... I have the sequence set to xdcamex 1080p30 with the render codec set to prores. This was an exterior shoot and there was plenty of sunlight.

Can anyone shed any light on this issue? I don't want to get too far into editing if there's something incorrect with my settings.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Brian

Return to posts index

Clint Fleckenstein
Re: mysterious Chroma pulsing
on Oct 29, 2010 at 1:51:39 pm

I've seen something like this happen before when the camera turned toward some really bright light. It's as if the sensor was being "overloaded" or something. When the camera panned away from the bright spot (in this case a sunlit window) the effect was gone.

Cf

Return to posts index

john sharaf
Re: mysterious Chroma pulsing
on Oct 29, 2010 at 1:52:57 pm

The culprit is probably auto knee, where some highlight in the picture is causing it to seek. I saw this in my first F900/3 years ago and always make it a point with that camera to turn auto knee off.

JS

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]