FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX1 w/Marshall 7" HD-SDI field monitor problems

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Vargas
EX1 w/Marshall 7" HD-SDI field monitor problems
on Oct 28, 2010 at 7:46:43 pm

A few months back I sent my new Marshall 7" HD-SDI field monitor back to Marshall for a check up. When rebooting the camera, the monitor would not receive the signal. I tried all possible as suggested by Marshall before sending it in, but it would still do this after rebooting the camera, and eventually it did it on its own...
They replaced the SDI module and after I got it back I only used it on three shoots. It is now doing it again.
Has anybody had any similar issues? Is there something that I am not doing right here? Yesterday it was a six hour shoot and the monitor was in the director's hands working fine until the last three shots. I had to view past clips to confirm continuity from an earlier shot. That meant rebooting the Sony EX1. After that, I could get no signal. I tried unplugging cables, powering down the monitor, powering down the camera, removing the battery, but it had to go quick so after 5 - 10 minutes of my interruption on set we had to continue without the monitor. I talked to Marshall, but they want me to perform tests; try switching between two equal monitors when this happens, try feeding the failing monitor from another EX1 when this happens. That means I have to rent gear to test my monitor. I would like to avoid further inconveniences with this monitor that I like a lot, when it works, but is causing me loss of business.
Any info would help.

Kind regards,
Alex Vargas

Status during incident: Sony EX1, firmware 1.2, it was plugged to power, Sony SxS card, new BNC cable, battery had 20% left charge on monitor when it happened

Alex Vargas
EX1/Elite/Nikon, Zeiss
Macpro 2.1, 3.0 dual quad, 8GB RAM
Macbookpro 15"
FCP 7+
Logic 9+

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]