FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony EX3 not downloading to NEXTO portable drive

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roy Stewart
Sony EX3 not downloading to NEXTO portable drive
on Oct 23, 2010 at 8:19:37 pm

I have a Sony EX3 and recently purchased a NEXTO portable drive - but I cannot get the EX3 to see the NEXTO via the usb connection.

When I connect the same camera to my MAC to copy the video footage into Final Cut pro, there is no problem - so it cannot be the camera or the usb cable.

The problem only occurs when I connect the ex3 to the NEXTO. It simply does not see it to connect to.

Can anyone advise please?

Return to posts index

Klaas van Urk
Re: Sony EX3 not downloading to NEXTO portable drive
on Oct 24, 2010 at 9:46:05 pm

The Nexto has a USB port that makes connection to a computer. The EX3 has also a USB port that is suited to make connection to a computer. Both having a USB port doesn't mean that they can be connected to each other (or 'see' each other). The Nexto is suited to offload cards in the field. As far as I know it doesn't have a SXS card slot. A workarround may be using a MXR card adaptor (or alike) plus a SDHC card in your EX3 and then offload the SCHC cards in your Nexto. But offloading cards in the field is not seen as a safe way of working.

Return to posts index

Bruce Rawlings
on Oct 25, 2010 at 7:31:40 am

SDHC cards can be downloaded to the Nexto 2500 from the sdhc slot. Nexto does not recognise in my case the MxR adaptor when put in Expresscard slot.

Return to posts index

Les Wilson
on Oct 28, 2010 at 11:25:40 pm

According to the NexTo site, it's supposed to work by connecting the camera to the device via the USB. From their site for the NexTo Video Storage model: "With NEXTO Video Storage, you simply connect the device to your camcorder via USB port "

http://www.nextodiusa.com/product_info.asp?nexto_product=2

Return to posts index

Joseph Kim
on Apr 6, 2011 at 6:41:07 am

Hi,

Not all camcorders. Though Nexto ND-2725 can be connected with EX-1/-3 via USB, but it's very slow.

Hope this information helps.

Jk

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]