FORUMS: list search recent posts

Progressive and Interlace mix

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
brian paterson
Progressive and Interlace mix
on Oct 20, 2010 at 6:20:10 pm

I am working on a 1/12 hour wedding video which was shot at 50i on my ex1. I am editing as xdcam and rendering out to pro res 422. I have some new footage of a 5 minute sequence which needs to be inserted. This was recorded as 25p Will there be any forseeable problems in mixing the two.
Most of the advice is to deinterlace the progressive footage but I don't really want to do that as it will take forever due to the length and it softens the original. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Brian Paterson.

brian paterson

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Progressive and Interlace mix
on Oct 20, 2010 at 8:31:37 pm

Hi Brian,
The Progressive footage will work OK in the Interlaced sequence.
Nothing to care about.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

brian paterson
on Oct 20, 2010 at 8:48:55 pm

Thanks Raphael,

I had read somwhere that it might stutter when written to DVD but I just thought I would ask anyway.

Thanks for your help

BRIAN.

brian paterson

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Oct 21, 2010 at 3:58:59 pm

[brian paterson] "I had read somwhere that it might stutter when written to DVD but I just thought I would ask anyway."
Progressive footage is always more choppy than interlaced, because your playing half the images per second. This may be more obvious when you mix together the two kinds of footage, but that is how it is.
As Richard points, you can de-interlece the other footage, so both will look progressive.
There is also an option for re-interlace the progressive footage, but implies special software (FieldsKit) and a long rendering.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Richard Doyle
on Oct 20, 2010 at 8:59:21 pm

Brian Patterson: "Most of the advice is to deinterlace the progressive footage"

You can't deinterlace progressive footage, obviously because it's not interlaced.

I think Rafael is correct. You won't have problems putting the progressive footage in the interlaced sequence.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]