FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with importing footage into fcp from Ex1 camera

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julie Aberdein
Problem with importing footage into fcp from Ex1 camera
on Oct 11, 2010 at 7:35:18 pm

Please Please help. I have transferred footage from an ex1 camera - through the xd camera transfer function. The problem is that I used the same memory card for 2 shoots and it seems that only one time code will be recognised. So to try and explain I shot on Thursday - copied the footage into fcp through XD cam transfer then wiped the memory card then shot again on the Friday again put footage in through XC cam transfer but this made the Thursday footage say 'media off line'. Can find it anyway. Please I am at my wits end!

Julie Aberdein

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Problem with importing footage into fcp from Ex1 camera
on Oct 11, 2010 at 8:14:33 pm

There's something wrong with your workflow. I don't think XDCAM Transfer would overwrite files regardless of time codes.

In XDCAM Transfer Preferences Import tab there is:
New folder for each source (which you should have checked)
Overwrite existing files (which you should NOT have checked generally)
and you would be safe.

If you have erased your existing .mov files you can go back to your BPAV backup copy, change XDCAM Transfer preference settings and copy again.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Oct 11, 2010 at 8:18:47 pm

Page 38 of XDCAM Transfer User Guide

New folder for each source check box
When this check box is checked, a new folder is created in the import location folder for each new source (default setting). When it is cleared, all clips are saved directly to the import location folder.
Overwrite existing files check box
When this check box is checked, existing file are overwritten. When it is cleared, and the name of an input file is already in use, then a unique file name is created by adding a serial number to the name (default setting).

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Oct 11, 2010 at 8:29:58 pm

Hi Julie,

If Transfer says 'offline' it means only that source (in this case an SxS card) is not physically connected. If the files have already been imported and turned into .MOVs they should still be present on you hard drive. There is no way to delete the rewrapped .movs using XDCAM Transfer.

Best,

Ian

Ian Cook
Sony Broadcast and Professional Company

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]