FORUMS: list search recent posts

I renamed the BPAV folder argh!!

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carlos Haney
I renamed the BPAV folder argh!!
on Oct 10, 2010 at 9:20:16 pm

Shot three EX1 SxS cards and was backing them up and instead of creating different folders with tape names, I added T1, T2 & T3 to the BPAV folder on the card. Cardinal sin I know. I then copied them to a drive. All the footage is there but I can't get XDCAM Transfer or Clip browser to see them.(The card or the drive with the back up) I put cards back in camera which doesn't see them or ask to restore media. From the hard drive, I can mount each clip folder from the CLPR folder into Transfer and it will play the clip,so the media is o.k. but I can't get the BPAV folder to mount. I took the T1, T2 and T3 name off the BPAV folder on the SxS cards and deleted the second BPAV folder the camera created, and the third card now mounts but not the first two. I guess I screwed up the directory but don't know how to fix it as it looks normal. I don't really deserve help for such a sloppy mistake, but I'm asking anyway.

Ultimately I'm trying to get back to original state to put on client's hard drive for their editor

Thanks

Carlos Haney
enlightenedimages.com

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: I renamed the BPAV folder argh!!
on Oct 10, 2010 at 10:41:51 pm

[Carlos Haney] "Cardinal sin I know"
And you know where sinners go don't you?

If you use ClipBrowser (with CRC On) it will create time stamped folders for you. People who look for shortcuts down back alleys may come to an unsavory end.

Somewhere your attempt to dig out of the ditch dug you into a deeper hole. In theory you should just put the BPAV into a parent folder and than rename the folder inside back to BPAV. If that's not working you probably did some more damage someplace.

Return to posts index

Carlos Haney
on Oct 10, 2010 at 11:25:48 pm

Thanks for the CRC tip. Luckily there is redemption for some sins. I was able to pull just the CLPR files from the backup back onto an empty fourth card that had a clean BPAV folder. That card then mounted and I used Clip Browser to archive the right way.

Carlos Haney
enlightenedimages.com

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Oct 11, 2010 at 3:08:34 pm

So it was only the metadata that was damaged.

BTW CalibratedSoftware has a plugin for FCP that allows direct import of the EX mp4.
Sony will probably release Cinemon lite which will likely allow the same, in the not too distant future.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]