FORUMS: list search recent posts

No XDCam EX in FCP 7 L&T Preference pane

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joe hedge
No XDCam EX in FCP 7 L&T Preference pane
on Oct 9, 2010 at 10:15:23 pm

I believe I have installed all the proper Sony software/plug-ins etc, and when I L&T a BPAV folder into L&T it actually does create a QT wrapped file, but there is no XDCam option in the Preference pane. P2, Canon, Red and AVCHD are all in there, but no XDCam EX (or XDCam anything). All the XDCam codecs show up in FCP sequence settings...hmm..running Snow Leopard FCP 7 on a 2006 MacBook Pro thanks

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: No XDCam EX in FCP 7 L&T Preference pane
on Oct 9, 2010 at 10:39:18 pm

There is no Target format other than the EX wrap to .mov so there is no option in the L&T Preferences. As long as the rewrap happens everything is working as it should.

Return to posts index

joe hedge
on Oct 9, 2010 at 10:45:11 pm

Thanks Craig for that lightning quick response, after a bit more searching I found this thread and was wondering about this response about 5 posts down from Ian Cook:

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/142/872936

"The HDV L+T plugin will convert to a selectable ProRes codec but there is no prefs menu to change codecs for EX."

So if I wanted L&T to convert to ProRes via his method, what L&T plug-in would I need to install and enable in the L&T preference pane?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Oct 9, 2010 at 11:19:24 pm

Says the same thing. Wraps to EX .mov. No transcode to ProRes. If you must transcode to ProRes you'd need to do that in Compressor for example.

Generally you don't need to transcode to ProRes. Use XDCAM EX sequence and just set render to ProRes in FCP (not L&T) preferences.

Return to posts index

joe hedge
on Oct 9, 2010 at 11:26:28 pm

awesome thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]