FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM Transfer can't find footage

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Taplin
XDCAM Transfer can't find footage
on Oct 5, 2010 at 10:40:47 am

Hi All

I recently moved all my footage to a new RAID. Everything's fine except that XDCAM Transfer can no longer
find the footage - although the proxies still show as thumbnails. When you click on a clip it say's "Preview Unavailable. The original file source xxx needs to be available to see the preview movie for this clip"

I have not changed the file names or folder structures, merely moved them to a new disk. None of my other apps is having trouble finding files. There does not seem to be away to get XDCAM Transfer to re-link to the files.

Any ideas gratefully received. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: XDCAM Transfer can't find footage
on Oct 6, 2010 at 6:46:22 pm

Try trashing the preference file for XDCAM Transfer. When you start the program again it will be with that program's default settings. See if that solves it.

- Don

Don Greening
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index

Andy Taplin
on Oct 7, 2010 at 4:00:51 pm

Thanks Don. trashed the prefs but still saying the clips are unavailable - anything else I could try?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Oct 7, 2010 at 4:24:30 pm

Are the BPAV folders still there? Are they in Parent folders? Are you pointing to the Parent folders?

Return to posts index

Andy Taplin
on Oct 7, 2010 at 5:28:44 pm

Hi Craig, we meet again! As you can see today is my day for posting problems to the Cow.

Yes, nothing has changed in terms of the folder structures - just that they are on a new HD.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Oct 7, 2010 at 5:36:08 pm

But you must check on the new HD. It's possible the copy/move was bad or it's possible there's an issue in the path or even the privileges preventing access.

Return to posts index

Andy Taplin
on Oct 8, 2010 at 11:37:16 am

Those things are all fine, I can re-add the folders, but then I loose all the previous mark in out info. It seems XDCAM Transfer lacks a relink or reload footage function - such as AFX, FCP, Media 100 has. It's annoying although not the end of the world. I think the software is a little half-baked in this respect.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]