FORUMS: list search recent posts

Heavy orphaned MP4 can not be imported

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chuska Esteban
Heavy orphaned MP4 can not be imported
on Oct 4, 2010 at 12:16:53 am

Hello:

How are you? Can you give a help? I am using XDCAM Clip Browser and XDCAm Transfer, to try to recover some mp4 files without the BVAP folder. I just have mp4 files.

I can import some of them, but I have found out that when the files are big like 2g, it is not possible to import them in the Clip Browser.
I always find those big files together I imagine, they could belog to a bigger file that it is divided in varios clips of 2 gigas each. What can I do? Any sugggestions?

There should be a problem with the size of those mp4, because with smaller ones, I have no problem.

Looking for your answer, thank you very much.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Heavy orphaned MP4 can not be imported
on Oct 4, 2010 at 1:26:07 am

MP4 files can be up to 4GB and they should still import even if they are part of split/spanned clip.
Are you using the current version of Clip Browser 2.6?
When you say they can't be imported can explain exactly what is happening. Can you select the clip for import? Do you get an error message when attempting to import? You need to describe exactly what is happening.

Return to posts index

Chuska Esteban
on Oct 4, 2010 at 7:56:00 am

Hello Craig:

Thank you for your answer. Yes, I am using the version V2.6 of Xdcam Clip Browser.
What I do it is: I create a new folder in the explorer window of the Xdcam Clip Brower, and then I Import a mp4 file .With the short ones there is no problem, but the ones that the size is bigger like 2 gigas a message appears: Failed to import the clip. Clip name 284.mp4.

Note: This all mp4 that I am working with, they belong to a disck that it was deleted and they went to a company to recover the files, and they have give me a folder with just these mp4 files.

Thank you for your help

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Oct 4, 2010 at 12:15:30 pm

[Chuska Esteban] "Note: This all mp4 that I am working with, they belong to a disck that it was deleted and they went to a company to recover the files, and they have give me a folder with just these mp4 files."
I think there is nothing wrong with the file size.
To recover these MP4 is not much difficult (no need of any recovering company). The problem is that some how the MP4 gets screwed when copied to a HD.
When you try to import them, Clip Browser reject them.
The only solution I know, is a guy that fix the files through internet (Aeroquarter). You can find some info in this forum. Search "treasured" or "Aeroquarter".
Rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Oct 4, 2010 at 1:47:17 pm

Check to see if the problem MP4s can be played in VLC.
My guess is that some of the files recovered still have issues. You may want to try Ian's suggestion first which is using XDCAM Transfer but I don't think this is an issue of file size. I agree with Rafael that if all else fails you should check with http://www.aeroquartet.com/ as they have specific experience with XDCAM EX files.

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Oct 4, 2010 at 1:19:39 pm

Hi Chuska,

Clip Browser does not support files over 4 GB. Unfortunately it is a known limitation of the software. However, XDCAM Transfer 2.12 supports loose .mp4s so the file should be importable into FCP. Try adding the folder with your .mp4s as a source in Transfer.

Ian

Ian Cook
Sony Broadcast and Professional Company

Return to posts index

Chuska Esteban
on Oct 4, 2010 at 2:32:56 pm

Hello:

Thank you so much for your answers!!!! I have tried the things that you recommended, and with the VLC there is no way to open the files mp4. I have discovered that also happens with mp4 smalllers, I though it was only with the biggest one, but today I have found some smallers that also have the same problem.

I am using the Treasured and I can see them!!!! Thank you so much to everyone. Have a nice day!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]