FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX3 saying card full when its not

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Heather O'Connor
EX3 saying card full when its not
on Oct 1, 2010 at 10:10:03 pm

we have a EX 3 that for the second time has said that a 32gb SxS card is full after 30 min and then switches to the next card and then when we put it on the computer it is not full it is taking up the amount of space that the time shot should take up. The two times that is has happened has been with different memory cards and every time before shooting the cards are reformatted in the camera, witch makes use believe that it is the camera not the cards if any one has experienced anything like this or knows how to fix this any advice would be much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: EX3 saying card full when its not
on Oct 2, 2010 at 2:34:42 am

If your EX3 was purchased before the 32G SxS cards were available for sale the camera needs a firmware update before the cards are recognized by the camera. Make sure your EX3 has the proper firmware version.

If the firmware is up to date then the first thing to try is to go to the camera menu and use the "RESET ALL" function. This defaults the camera to its factory settings and may be all you need to have your SxS cards recording properly.

I've never heard of an EX camera warning about a full SxS card when it's only used up 1/4 of its storage. That's a new one for me. If that doesn't solve it send it in to Sony for repair.

- Don

Don Greening
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Oct 4, 2010 at 1:33:31 pm

Hi Heather,

If this continues after performing a Reset you should have the camera and/or media looked at by Sony. If you are formatting the cards before use the camera should be reading/reporting accurately. It's unlikely that it's a firmware issue as the EX3s have always supported 32 GB SxS-Pro.

Call the service group at 866 766 9272 and tell them you have an EX that needs attention and they will take care of you.

Regards,

Ian

Return to posts index

Bill Skinner
on Oct 5, 2010 at 1:00:38 pm

Ian,

Strangely enough I have had this happen several times in the last 3 weeks with multiple cards and camera combination's. I am working with (4) cameras and (32) 32GB cards. Best I can discover is that it may be the result of using "all clip delete" repeatedly. Just guessing there, as a simple in camera "reformat" cleared up the problem each time.

Bill Skinner
Sony "ICE Team"
On assignment - Afghanistan

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Oct 6, 2010 at 6:44:15 pm

[Bill Skinner] "Best I can discover is that it may be the result of using "all clip delete" repeatedly."

I must say that your way of thinking is most.........logical. To continue with this Vulcan train of thought I believe that your solution to the incorrect card space reading is...........satisfactory. And agreeable.

- Don

Don Greening
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]