FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using a SxS card with express slot

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Heather O'Connor
Using a SxS card with express slot
on Sep 27, 2010 at 4:21:27 pm

I am having a hard time finding answers on how to make this work so hopefully some one can help me here

My company just bought 2 sony EX-3 cameras and I have been trying to get the SxS cards to work with the pci express card slot on my MacBook Pro for when we are shooting on location. But when I put the card in the slot I get a Icon in my top bar but nothing else and I cant get clip browser to recognize it. I have Os X 10.6.4 and 2.6 of clip browser I have also installed the fcp plug in and the SxS device driver. I am not sure if i am missing something or I am doing something wrong if any one could help it would be much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Ron Pestes
Re: Using a SxS card with express slot
on Sep 27, 2010 at 5:07:02 pm

The only thing I can think of is make sure you put the card in before you open Clip Browser. Have you tried using XDCAM Transfer? It might work, give it a try.

Apple Certified Master Pro FCS 2
Sony EX-3
MacBook Pro

Return to posts index

Heather O'Connor
on Sep 27, 2010 at 7:35:09 pm

Thank you once I installed the XDCAM Transfer it worked!

Thanks for your help,
Heather

Return to posts index

Bob Tompkins
on Sep 27, 2010 at 5:22:43 pm

Try opening FCP and selecting Import>Sony XDCam. Click on your sXS card. The clips should appear in the window. Click in the window, select all and then import in the bottom left.

If this does not work try reinstalling xdCam transfer and clip browser. they can be a little klugy.

Dont forget to copy the entire BPAV folder to a hard drive.

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Sep 27, 2010 at 7:32:22 pm

Heather,

All you should need to get the card to mount properly is v 1.04 of the driver. You mentioned an icon in the taskbar-- does it give you choices for 'memory card' and 'power off card' or something to that effect, with 'memory card' grayed out? Does your MBP have an I7 processor? If so there may be a compatibility issue; we've received a number of reports of issue with the SxS driver not working properly with these laptops. Let me know if any of this sounds familiar..

Ian

Ian Cook
Sony Broadcast and Professional Company

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]