CCU-M5 information

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fred Butz
CCU-M5 information
on Sep 21, 2010 at 8:43:05 pm

Hi,
I was wondering if someone can help me.

I purchased a used Sony DXC-930 camera and a a used Sony CCU-M5 separately on EBay. I can't seem to get them to work.

The Panel Active light just flashes on the CCU-M5.
No picture or anything. When I switch on the color bar switch on the CCU-M5 I don't even get color bars.

Will the color bar switch work without a working camera?

Thanks in advance

Fred

Return to posts index

john sharaf
Re: CCU-M5 information
on Sep 21, 2010 at 9:07:50 pm

Fred,

Although I am not expert on that particular camera nor CCU, I know that Sony CCU's must sometimes to turned on in the menu. Try searching the menu operations and maintainance pages for something appropriate. Also, with some models you must either connect the CCU with the camera power off or recycle the power once connected for a proper "handshake" between the two units. It could also be as simple as a bad cable!

JS

Return to posts index

Fred Butz
on Sep 22, 2010 at 5:21:52 pm

Thanks.
Actually the good idea you gave me was to get a service manual. Which I've done.

I also received another camera today and it works with the CCU-M5. So apparently the first camera is dead.

Appreciate the advice.

FB

Return to posts index

john sharaf
on Sep 22, 2010 at 5:25:30 pm

Fred,

You might be being a little hasty; check the menu for an on/off CCU function before you dismiss the camera as broken.

JS

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Sep 23, 2010 at 4:37:49 pm

Hi Fred,

Please check the cable you are using. CCU-M5 will output camera video or color bar signal only when the camera is connected and detected. CCU blinking panel active light indicates no camera communication.

DXC-930 & CCU-M5 are joined together through CCTZ-3RGB or CCTZ-3YC cable (20 pin male to 26 pin male) connected to Cable extension adaptor CCZZ-1E to CCZA cable (26 to 26 pin) or through CCTQ-3RGB cable (20 pin male to 14 pin male) using cable extender 14 to 14 pin CCQQ-1 to CCQ-AM cable.

Hope this is helpful. If you need additional support please call our tech support group at 800/883-6817 (M-F, 9AM-8PM EST) and hopefully they can assist.

Best,

Ian

Ian Cook
Sony Broadcast and Professional Company

Return to posts index

Fred Butz
on Sep 26, 2010 at 12:32:25 pm

Thanks all.

Just what I needed.

Return to posts index

César Marschoff
on Nov 10, 2010 at 11:18:14 am

Hi fred, I found your thread looking for a M5 Manual (at work they have 5 of these CCU and I'm trying to learn a bit more about them, because when we're working I don't have much time -I can't be at the camera and at the CCU at the same time...-) Any information you have will be helpful.

Thanks a lot

Return to posts index

Fred Butz
on Nov 10, 2010 at 9:19:08 pm

I'm sorry I don't understand?

Can I help you with something specific?

Return to posts index

César Marschoff
on Nov 10, 2010 at 9:24:18 pm

Hi Fred, I'm sorry about my English. What I was trying to get is (if it exists) some user manual or any other info about the M5 operation.

I work on a mobile unit (is this name correct?) as a cameraman and I want to learn a bit more about the operation of the CCU, but when I'm at work I have no time to investigate with the equipment. So I started looking on the web but I couldn't find much info.

Did I explain myself?

Thanks a lot

Return to posts index

Fred Butz
on Nov 11, 2010 at 5:38:04 pm

I'm sorry I don't have that.

Return to posts index

César Marschoff
on Nov 11, 2010 at 8:53:11 pm

Don't worry. Thanks anyway!

Return to posts index

michael relihan
on Aug 25, 2011 at 4:47:49 pm

i have older DXCD30 cameras; want to replace just the camera body with DXCD55H cameras - will the DXCD55H work with CCU-M5 control and DXF-51 viewfinder? also, please confirm if I will need CAD50 adapter and will that work with older 26 pin cables? we are running just an analog composite system

thanks

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Aug 25, 2011 at 5:32:31 pm

Hi Michael-

The M5 cannot be used with the D55. They are not compatible. The DXF51 can be used with the D50.

Ian Cook
Sony Broadcast and Professional Company

Return to posts index

michael relihan
on Aug 25, 2011 at 8:56:05 pm

thanks! I think the CCU cables are older also; shouldn't be any issues around the 26 pin CCU cables, right? the newer cables are CCZAD-xxx which I think means they are digital (i.e. support SDI) and the older ones are CCZA-xxx which are analog. I hope we can use the older cables; let me know if that is an issue.

Return to posts index

David Di Gregorio
on Jan 22, 2013 at 4:50:26 pm

Hello Ian,
I am at Tenafly High School in New Jersey. I have a couple of questions if you might have a little time about Sony CCU-700A and BVP-700 of which I am looking to integrate intercom / tally (pinout on the 19 pin male and obtaining that female connector) and paint (is the RMB-150 or 750 compatible?) - looking for cost effective solutions . Also have a DXC-750 camera and an M5 ccu - the light on the ccu blinks - wondering about compatibility.
Knowing how busy you must be, we would especially appreciate any advice. David Di Gregorio 201-816-6617 ddigregorio@gmail.com
http://www.librarymedia.net

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Jan 22, 2013 at 6:45:54 pm

We can definitely help, please call in to support when you get a chance. 800 883 6817.

Return to posts index

bill guthke
on Aug 6, 2011 at 2:38:06 pm

hi fred.i see you have the manual for the soney ccu-m5,would you please send me an e-mail in pdf just for the power supply.i sure could use it.help please,e-mail kid286@juno.com thanks bill-g

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]