FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Issues - FCP Log and Capture XDCAM EX Files

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Paris
Audio Issues - FCP Log and Capture XDCAM EX Files
on Sep 15, 2010 at 1:51:38 am

When using Log and Transfer in FCP to preview clips (1920X1080 29.97), I'm getting 2X speed audio for about 2 seconds and then no audio during playback. Once the clip has been captured it works fine.

My project is set to Pro Res 1920X1080 HQ at 29.97 using the Kona 3 preset.

My computer is a Mac with 2X 3ghz - Quad Core Intel/10 gigs of ram with Kona 3 Card.

Thanks for your comments in advance!

Bill Paris
Producer/Director of Photography
Crew Hawaii Television
http://www.crewhawaii.com

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: Audio Issues - FCP Log and Capture XDCAM EX Files
on Sep 15, 2010 at 3:51:14 pm

Hi Bill,

What camera were these clips shot with? I ask because we ran into a very similar symptom with Premiere Pro CS5 that seemed only to affect clips shot on the PMW-350.

Have you tried using XDCAM Transfer, if only to see if the behavior is the same? Or importing from local storage vs an SxS card? What type of media are you using (SxS, SxS-1, SD etc)?

The Sequence settings in FCP should have no bearing on what L+T imports or how it previews clips. I would first try (if you have not already) making sure you have all necessary FCP, QT and Pro App updates and then reinstalling v 1.02 of the plug-in. Do you have any other XDCAM-related QuickTime components installed on this Mac?

Kind regards,

Ian

Ian Cook
Sony Broadcast and Professional Company

Return to posts index

Bill Paris
on Sep 15, 2010 at 5:17:03 pm

Ian,

Thanks for your reply ....... these clips come from a PMW-350. The Sony XDCAM cam EX Browser plays the clips just fine.......... I don't have any additional XDCAM components installed, but all the software is up to date.

Were you able to solve your issue with the PMW-350 clips in Premiere?

Thanks!

Bill Paris
Producer/Director of Photography
Crew Hawaii Television
http://www.crewhawaii.com

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Sep 15, 2010 at 5:28:21 pm

Hi Bill,

In Premiere there was a patch that had to be issued from Adobe. The sped-up sounding audio continued through the whole clip. This happened when playing the mp4s natively (no re-wrap/transcode) within the application.

Have you tried reinstalling the plugin? Not exactly advanced troubleshooting, I am aware, but we should do it just to be sure. In the meantime I will do some checking on my system and see what else I can come up with..

Ian

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]