<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Zelin
XDCam EX log and transfer V1.2
on Sep 9, 2010 at 9:28:58 pm

XDCAM EX Log and Transfer plug-in PDZK-LT1 V1.20 for MAC OSX

from this site -

http://support.sonybiz.ca/esupport/eSupportHome.asp

which I can't find on the US Sony site.

Has anyone tried this with FCS3 using OS-X 10.6.4 ? Does it work ?

thanks -
bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: XDCam EX log and transfer V1.2
on Sep 9, 2010 at 9:34:40 pm

Canada is SO FAR ahead of us in the "states"
Sony US is still 1.0.0 for L&T plugin.

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Sep 9, 2010 at 9:40:48 pm

Hi Bob,

Yes, it should work with no issues using FCP7 and 10.6.x. Also it has support for SD files. We've asked product management to post the software on the US site a.s.a.p.

Cheers,

Ian

Ian Cook
Sony Broadcast and Professional Company

Return to posts index

iain Johnston
on Sep 14, 2010 at 9:55:33 pm

I am reading this thread with interest, I downloaded this software from the same site, XDCAM EX Log and Transfer plug-in PDZK-LT1 V1.20 for MAC OSX However when I try and log and transfer SD or HD footage from my cards the first card is ok, but the second card splits the scenes into lengths of 12min in HD and 9min in SD it only happens when the scene spans over to the second card! The first card is fine!

Everything is fine if I use the Sony XDCAM Transfer software but only when importing HD it just doesn't see SD Footage at all!

Anyone having a similar problem! I'm using a Sony PMW 320 with MxM Adaptor with 32Gb Scandisc Cards and I also have Sony SxS Cards and the same think happens.

Cheers Iain J

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Sep 15, 2010 at 3:31:47 pm

Hi Iain,

With clips that span cards you should be able to import them as one file via Log and Transfer. When both cards are mounted L+T should show only one clip with the word "spanned" next to it. If only one of the cards is mounted you should see the clip portion on that card with "Incomplete" next to it. Are you seeing separate entries for spanned clip portions on the same card?

File Spanning is part of how the format works. It allows EX to work with Fat32 storage, which has a 4 GB file size limit, and to record across multiple cards. When a recording nears 4 GB or crosses cards a .smi file is created. The .smi is what FCP uses to import the spanned files as one clip.

The image below shows both types of spanned clips. 0016_01 spans 2 media cards, Untitled and Untitled 1. If I were to suddenly yank 'Untitled' from the reader, 'Untitled 1' would show "0016_01 (Incomplete)." 0007_01 is a long record that's made up of 2 .mp4s on the card but for which only one clip entry is shown L+T.

XDCAM Transfer unfortunately does not support SD files..

Please provide a bit more info on what you are seeing in L+T if it differs from what's above and hopefully we can assist..

Cheers,

Ian

Ian Cook
Sony Broadcast and Professional Company

Return to posts index

iain Johnston
on Sep 15, 2010 at 10:55:39 pm

Hi Ian

thanks for the reply to my post, I'm not sure where to start but here goes, The EXDCAM Transfer that Sony supplies works fine if I use HD, but some of my customers want me to film in SD thats why I purchased a 320 and not a 350.

When I use the L and T in FCP 7 the clips on the first card are fine, however if the clip spans onto the second card the scene splits into 12min clips.

I have attached screen grab for you to look at!

Return to posts index

iain Johnston
on Sep 15, 2010 at 11:34:57 pm

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Sep 16, 2010 at 4:32:41 pm

Hi Iain,

Are you importing from cards or card images (i.e. stored BPAVs on your hard drive)? Can you also let us know the following:

Camera firmware version (Menu-->MA-->Version)
Type/Size of media (e.g. SanDisk Class X, 32 GB)
OS Version (e.g. 10.6.x)
Does issue happen also with SxS or SxS-Pro?

Thanks!

Ian

Return to posts index

iain Johnston
on Sep 16, 2010 at 8:20:50 pm

Hi Ian

I have imported directly from card and via the BPAV file on my Hard Drive and the same thing happens. I noticed this as soon as I got my Camera and called Mitcorp in Glasgow. The same thing happened with them.

I can use Sony XDCAM transfer for my HD Footage but have no way of transferring SD footage! which leaves me with a problem.

Camera firmware version (V1) I'm told this is the most up-to date software

Type/Size of media (MxM Adaptor with ScanDisk 32 GB Class 10 and Sony SxS 1 type Card

OS Version (e.g. 10.6.4)

FCP V 7.0.3

Hope this helps.

Cheers Iain J

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Sep 17, 2010 at 7:57:10 pm

Hi Iain,

I just did some more tests with spanned files on a PMW-350 (we don't currently have a 320 in our office but electronically the recorder sections are the same) and FCP 7.0.3 and both the long-file spans and the across-card spans are showing up correctly in L+T.

I will continue to investigate but wanted to confirm that the behavior you're seeing is the same with both HD and SD..?

Thanks,

Ian

Return to posts index

iain Johnston
on Sep 20, 2010 at 7:58:37 pm

Hi Ian

I think I have finally found a solution to my problem, I tried importing using the USB on the Camera with both Cards mounted on the desk top I was able to import both into L + T in FCP, all the clips showed up and spanned as they should do.

Cheers Iain

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Sep 20, 2010 at 8:11:52 pm

Ok, good. I believe I mentioned in the long post on using L+T that both cards need to be mounted for files that cross cards to be fully import-able, but what I was expecting was that it would show with "incomplete" next to it, not "partial."

In any case happy editing..

Cheers,

Ian

Return to posts index

iain Johnston
on Sep 20, 2010 at 8:16:47 pm

Hi Ian

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards

Iain J

Return to posts index