FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem importing footages in FCP

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
davide de feudis
Problem importing footages in FCP
on Aug 27, 2010 at 12:52:34 pm

It's the first time I use a Sony EX-3; I shot quite a lot of material, but I made a mistake: instead of copying the BPAV folder on my computer, I just copied the CLPR folder.
I rebuilt the BPAV folder structure copying the CUEUP and MEDIAPRO files and the TAKR folder, but FCP doesn't allow me to log and transfer my footages, even though it shows the list of the files on the log and transfer window.

Any idea?

Thank you,

D

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Problem importing footages in FCP
on Aug 27, 2010 at 1:15:07 pm

Always best to ask questions before the accident, oh well.

Sorry but I'll start with my favorite analogy before answering the question. If you shot on BetaCam or DV would you pull the tape out of the cassette? You probably wouldn't even think of it. If a camera creates a complete wrapper generally it was designed that way with good purpose.

You're going to have to import the mp4 into ClipBrowser 2.6 to create a complete new BPAV. Those files are generally metadata tied to specific clips or series of clips so you can't necessarily just copy them. They are not generic.

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Aug 27, 2010 at 1:53:22 pm

Hi Davide,

You can use Clip Browser to rebuild the BPAV (by File-->Import of the raw .mp4s to a new location) or you can install XDCAM Transfer 2.12. Unlike Log and Transfer, XD Transfer will allow you to preview and import raw .mp4 files. Use the "Add " button on the source column to add the folders containing the .mp4s. Be sure to use v 2.12 if you go this route as not all versions of Transfer support raw .mp4 import..

Hope this helps..

Cheers,

Ian

Return to posts index

davide de feudis
on Aug 28, 2010 at 6:00:45 pm

totally helpful, thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]