FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX, Premiere Pro & meta data

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ed Kukla
EX, Premiere Pro & meta data
on Aug 25, 2010 at 8:42:28 pm

I'm still trying to find a way to make this work...

In the Adobe Premiere Pro Media Browser, no added meta data is displayed. I have a project where I need to keep track of many clips. I can name the clips in the Sony Clip Browser but those names don't show up in the Media Browser. Is this only a problem with Premiere? Will that additional data show up in FCP or other edit software?

Should I ditch Premiere?

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: EX, Premiere Pro & meta data
on Aug 25, 2010 at 9:37:30 pm

I believe Premiere supports Title metadata only. The file browser will show the original filename. Once the clip is dragged to a sequence or opened in the source viewer you should at least see the clip title.

FCP and Avid support Title metadata, Comments, Essence Marks and shot flags.

Hope this is helpful...

Cheers,

Ian

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
Re: EX, Premiere Pro & meta data
on Aug 26, 2010 at 10:42:04 am

Ed, I don't know about Premiere but using Media 100 I only name the clips once Sony Transfer has imported them into the bin of my choice. Can't you do that? Of course if you are importing many clips at once it's not so convenient to name them later. I tend to select the part of the clip I want (sub clip)and import it, much as I used to with tape, working through for the sections I required. I guess most of you do the lot at once but that way you're taking it all in.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]