FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tripod head suggestions

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Cunningham
Tripod head suggestions
on Aug 22, 2010 at 1:33:42 pm

I shoot with both HVX200 & EX1R, and have been using a Manfrotto 503 for a few years. (Not a great head,good for the price, and was always meant to be a temporary solution).

I've finally found carbon fiber sticks that I like (75mm ball) and was looking to upgrade the head. I was considering the Miller DS 10, the Sachtler 6 and the Sachtler 8. Any suggestions,insight or alternatives that you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Jim

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Tripod head suggestions
on Aug 22, 2010 at 3:17:05 pm

I use the Sachtler FSB6. Very nice head. Certainly you can go up the line as well. I bought it with their carbo quick lock legs as well.

Return to posts index

Ron Pestes
on Aug 22, 2010 at 6:40:54 pm

I have the FSB6 head as well and it works great. No need to look further in my opinion although I am sure there are other good options as well.

Apple Certified Master Pro FCS 2
Sony EX-3
MacBook Pro

Return to posts index

Jim Cunningham
on Aug 23, 2010 at 1:10:31 pm

Thanks for all of your insights. I own a Sachtler 18p that I've used for my Betacam rig and it was always the best. But things change. It's always a comfort to hear from other Pros who appreciate the real world needs of job.

Cheers,

Jim

Return to posts index

Clint Fleckenstein
on Aug 23, 2010 at 2:16:01 pm

Put me in the FSB-6 camp. Best tripod head I've found in this price range.

Cf

Return to posts index

Matthew Rowley
on Nov 15, 2010 at 8:42:23 am

What's the difference between the FSB-6 and the FSB-6T? Pros and cons?

Return to posts index

Herve Njoya
on Aug 26, 2010 at 10:13:34 pm

Hi Jim..

When I went in for the EX1R I was recommended a kit just like yours. The 503 was on sale in B&H. That head is history now. I had a look and the heads you have been recommended on the thread and I can tell you that you should have a look at the 504, it's tremendous.
It's sleek, smooth, you have a camera balancing function (to do some counter-weight), it not heavy...and most important, it's a good quality/price relationship.

have a look at it, and if you can go and see it before, for sure you'll like it.
The Sachtler 6 or 8?.....

Sony EX1R
Manfrotto 504HD Head w/546B Tripod
FCPS3 - http://www.solwedding.com

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Aug 29, 2010 at 4:29:39 pm

Jim

I just got the Manfrotto 504HD head last month. It works grat with my HPX-500 and HPX-170. If you want to try it out let me know.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]