FORUMS: list search recent posts

Viewing / Sharing Clip Browser or Clips online

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
heidi hanson
Viewing / Sharing Clip Browser or Clips online
on Aug 12, 2010 at 11:35:42 pm

I have a series we are shooting on Sony DXCAM-EX. Once back in house, I put all of the clips/ card info into a separate hard drive. They are hooked to the network and can be accessed remotely via an HTTP address.

The purpose of this is to be able to give my tape logger and remote producer access to view the clips (with time code).

Clip Browser will not let me access a url - only an internal drive.

Has anyone managed to find a system to share their XDCAM clips virtually ?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: Viewing / Sharing Clip Browser or Clips online
on Aug 13, 2010 at 1:08:26 am

Heidi, welcome to creative cow. Clip Browser won't connect to your network but you say that your producer and logger would be able to access your connected hard drive, yes? Would they not be able to view those clips remotely then, by having their own copy of Clip Browser at their end? There's also another free viewing app called VLC Player that will play back native XDCAM EX .mp4 clips. Would that do it for you or am I missing something more important here.

http://www.vlcmediaplayerweb.info/ca/

Cheers, Don

Don Greening
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: Viewing / Sharing Clip Browser or Clips online
on Aug 13, 2010 at 1:45:43 pm

Hi Heidi,

Even if they can add your drive as a network drive or share they will likely have playback issues accessing the files across a network. It would probably be better to have them download the files locally and then use CB or VLC or another player to log the clips.

If it helps with upload/download time you can also use CB on your end to trim, consolidate, pull out selects, etc so that the BPAVs you post contain only the necessary material.

Cheers,

Ian

Ian Cook
Sony Broadcast and Professional Company

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]