FORUMS: list search recent posts

the Sony EX3 + a wireless audio connection from mixer

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lawrence Lerew
the Sony EX3 + a wireless audio connection from mixer
on Aug 6, 2010 at 9:43:37 pm

Here is our situation...we are using a wireless audio system going from our Sound Devices 302 mixer to the Sony EX3. The audio is compressing leaving us without much dynamic range. Any thoughts on camera adjustments such as trim?

Return to posts index

David Jones
Re: the Sony EX3 + a wireless audio connection from mixer
on Aug 7, 2010 at 4:20:37 am

Greetings!

Are you running mic or line level out of the mixer? What type of stuff are you recording?

If the AGC is on in the camera it could be causing the compression issues (depending on how loud the sounds are you're recording). The camera, of course, should be set up with tone (at 0dB) from the mixer and left alone with all adjustments made at the mixer.

Dave J

Return to posts index

Jim Watt
Re: the Sony EX3 + a wireless audio connection from mixer
on Aug 9, 2010 at 12:25:38 am

I'd also check voice, just in case you hear some abnormalities in the voice quality. We regularly feed our PSC M4 to our EX-3 and Ex-1 and have our receivers set at Minus 30, and generally ( I know this will sound a little "canned" but set the volume control at 5) and it's perfect. You mixer settings will determine where you set your transmitters, if they have a setting at all. In the camera I generally will set the audio level to about 2-3 marks above(to the right of) the 4:3 frame indicator if that's any help.

jw

Producer/DP, HD series, "Discoveries...America", "Discoveries...Ireland", "Discoveries...Spain",
"Discoveries...Argentina", Discoveries...India", "Discoveries...Asia", "Discoveries...Africa"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]