FORUMS: list search recent posts

Converting EX-3 footage outside FCP

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Hamilton
Converting EX-3 footage outside FCP
on Aug 5, 2010 at 12:22:08 am

Howdy from Texas,

I'm running into some problems where the fcp plug-in is not recognizing the EX-3 Files within the BPAV folders. The log and transfer pulls files from before the files in the sequence and after but not these in particular. There is nothing wrong with the file path as I have triple checked every thing. I've combined spanned footage into one folder but nothing still. I have done a voodoo dance and chanted to the XDCAM spirits of yesteryear, but nothing....

VLC player has no issue playing these files which means they are not corrupted.

My question is, is there a way outside of Final Cut to convert this footage into the same file that the FCP plug-in does? After doing so I would simply import that footage.

If not, then is there a way to simply convert those .mp4's into .mov's? MPEG Streamclip does not recognize the .mp4 footage.

Thanks for the help,
David

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: Converting EX-3 footage outside FCP
on Aug 5, 2010 at 1:52:59 am

[David Hamilton] "The log and transfer pulls files from before the files in the sequence and after but not these in particular."

Try Sony's XDCAM Transfer Tool. I've heard of problems with Sony's Log and Transfer that were solved with Sony's XDCAM Transfer Tool. You can find it here:

http://support.sonybiz.ca/esupport/eSupportHome.asp

You're looking for the file called: XDCAM Transfer for Final Cut Pro PDZK-P1 V2.11

It's second from the bottom of the page. You can use XDCAM Transfer as a stand-alone app or within FCP. BTW, is the Log and Transfer Tool giving you a dialogue as to why those clips can't be re-wrapped to MOV?

- Don

Don Greening
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index

David Hamilton
on Aug 5, 2010 at 2:00:17 am

Thanks for the response Don,

I will look into that link right away but to answer your question,

FCP's log and transfer tool doesn't display any errors, it simply does not pull it into the transfer window, though it pulls the other files around it...

David

Return to posts index

David Hamilton
on Aug 5, 2010 at 2:47:22 am

The conversion worked with the Sony download. Thanks so much Don! I really appreciate your input.

David

Return to posts index

Matt Lester
on Aug 6, 2010 at 7:36:46 am

So you just DL'd the link, installed the program, opened it and chose all your locations? Can you do multiple folders at once?

Where in TX? I'm from TX too! What are you filming/editing?

- M@

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Aug 5, 2010 at 4:34:19 am

[David Hamilton] "FCP's log and transfer tool doesn't display any errors, it simply does not pull it into the transfer window, though it pulls the other files around it..."

Okay thanks, David. I've never used Log and Transfer so I was curious to know what happens when it encounters issues.

- Don

Don Greening
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]