FORUMS: list search recent posts

Playback Problem In Premier Pro

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Douglas Farrelly
Playback Problem In Premier Pro
on Jul 30, 2010 at 2:42:11 pm

Hi all,

I'm a newbe to the forum so I'm not quite sure if I'm posting into the correct section,

My problem is I've Copied footage from Sony EX1r into clip browser then brought the clips into Premier Pro CS4, "so far no problems". I then dragged the clips onto the timeline and played them in the preview window. They sometimes play and other times they don't. The clips that do play freeze every couple of seconds, the more clips I drag down the worse it gets. I'm pulling my hair out as I can't continue until I've solved this problem.

Many Thanks,

Douglas

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Playback Problem In Premier Pro
on Jul 30, 2010 at 3:21:45 pm

Add more RAM, buy a new computer, get a faster hard drive, update to CS5.

Sorry but I can't make any other suggestions since didn't provide anything beyond the version of Premiere Pro (and didn't mention the specific version numbers so we don't know if it's the last update).

Return to posts index

Douglas Farrelly
on Jul 30, 2010 at 3:59:13 pm

Hiya Craig,

Thanks for getting back so quick & Sorry about that. I hope this is what your looking for:

Windows Vista
32-bit
3gigs of Ram
250gig hdd
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU @ 2.00GHz 2.00GHz

"Not sure how to check the graphics card"

Thanks again,

Douglas

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jul 30, 2010 at 5:46:49 pm

I'm not sure of the minimum specs for EX video use on Premiere CS4 but my hunches.
Windows 7 is much less of a resource hog than Vista. Consider 64bit too.
More memory may help. I'd really think you should consider going to CS5 which is 64bit and would justify the OS upgrade and the ability to use more ram for the app. Combined it would be a major improvement.

You only list one hard drive. You absolutely not use your boot drive as your media drive and the media drive should be at least 7200rpm. This could be a if not the major problem if you're only using one drive. This would probably be the first thing you should do before upgrading other stuff. It may go a long way to solving your problem.

Are you familiar with how Windows Control Panels works? You should be able to find your hardware config in one of the utilities there which will let you know what GPU your system has. I forget the exact name (I have XP and 7 systems) and it depends how you're set to display the Control Panel utilities. I prefer Classic View. You may even have a utility specific to your GPU. Display and then the Settings tab can work too.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jul 30, 2010 at 10:12:40 pm

delete

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]