FORUMS: list search recent posts

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Mann
on Jul 28, 2010 at 4:19:07 pm

Hello - I've searched (a lot) for others in this predicament, and haven't found anyone yet.

I am working on a long form documentary with one other person, and we'd like to log footage simultaneously. So far, we've logged all of our EX-1 footage using FCP's Log & Transfer, and that has worked great. (If I had known about Calibrated Software before starting this project, I would have gone that direction, but I don't think we can switch horses now...)

Anyway, by file sharing with our main edit computer, I'm able to open and play archived BPAV folders from our footage archive in XDCAM Clip Browser (v 2.6), and when I add notes to each clip in the "Description" field and click "Update", the notes will then appear in the Log Note field in Log & Transfer. (I load the BPAV into Log & Transfer after I've logged the whole thing using Clip Browser.)

However, I can't seem to find a way to create a clip name in Clip Browser that will show up in Log & Transfer. I've tried changing "Title 1" and "Title 2", to no avail.

Any ideas? I'd love to be able to have two people logging full-time, but if I have to re-name all the clips I've logged when I bring them into Log & Transfer, I think I'll be wasting as much time as I've saved...

--
Jason Mann
http://www.pull-start.com
jason *at* pull-start *dot* com

Return to posts index

Scott Howard
Re: Log in Clip Browser, then Log & Transfer?
on Aug 4, 2010 at 9:02:46 pm

I've run into the same problem and tried several workflow variations. I'm now using XDcam Transfer to import instead of Log and Transfer. There's pros and cons to both. L&T allowed me to drop clips in exact bin - in both the Final Cut bin and the reference qt file folder. XD Transfer allow better metadata workflow.
I'm running the previous version of FCP. I think the latest has some changes and hopefully the next will allow native use without having to transfer, but we'll see.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]