FORUMS: list search recent posts

LCD Problem

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Moore
LCD Problem
on Jul 24, 2010 at 10:58:07 pm

About a month ago i posted that my LCD is dead.....I ordered a new LCD assembly, just got it today and installed it....

Still nothing.

Is there any possible way to turn the LCD off (maybe i did this on accident).....or maybe there's something else i did wrong...

anyone with any knowledge please help!!

-Brian

Return to posts index

Chris Babbitt
Re: LCD Problem
on Jul 26, 2010 at 3:28:06 pm

There is a brightness adjustment in the menu settings. You might check that out. (Page 104 in the EX-1 manual)

Return to posts index

Clint Fleckenstein
on Jul 26, 2010 at 7:37:40 pm

I don't know how the camera knows when the LCD is swung out/open or not, but perhaps there's a switch that tells it so (and turns on the LCD). And that switch could be the source of your problem. I didn't see anything on the parts diagrams so you'll probably have to call Sony ServicesPLUS and ask 'em.

Cf

Return to posts index

David Bispham
on Jul 26, 2010 at 8:42:44 pm

If the LCD was swung all the way open and you can still see an image in the eye-piece then it could very well be that switch.

Return to posts index

Brian Moore
on Jul 27, 2010 at 3:38:55 am

Sony ServicePlus....You wouldn't happen to have a number for them would you?

Return to posts index

Clint Fleckenstein
on Jul 27, 2010 at 1:48:15 pm

http://www.servicesplus.sel.sony.com

1-800-538-7550 is the parts number, they have lots of different contact numbers on that site for different reasons. My suggestion is to call the parts guy and have him figure out how that LCD panel is activated when swung out. From there maybe you'll have to get transferred to service if you can't perform the repair yourself.

In my experience, some parts do NOT appear on Sony's schematics. I ran into that when one of our part-timers let one of our EX cameras (EX1) do a backflip off the tripod last month, shattering the EVF on the back of the camera. Some of the guts I needed to make the repairs did not appear on the parts diagram. A quick call to Sony had the right part number for me in less than five minutes. Then they put out a service bulletin (which showed up in my email that afternoon) to let people know of the part number.

Cf

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]