FORUMS: list search recent posts

XD CAM MAC Problem, PLEASE!!!

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Russell
XD CAM MAC Problem, PLEASE!!!
on Jul 21, 2010 at 1:12:24 am

Hello,
I recently shot a project with my friends EX1. Due to my computer being used for another application of the shoot we had to import the files using another computer.
We imported the files using a macbook pro. We used the Clip browser program and put all the files onto an external hard drive.
Now I am back home with the drive and everything I try to get the files into FCP does not work.
My primary computer is a MAC Powerbook G4. With FCP 6.0.6 and Quicktime 7.6.4. I cannot install the Clip browser on this computer due to something I read about "intel programs." I'm not familiar with that stuff.
SO,
I installed the Clip Browser on a friends MAC Book Pro with FCP 6.0, Quicktime 10.0 and the SXS drivers. No matter what site I use the XD Transfer software will not install on either computer.
I tried to export the files through the Clip Browser but It says "clip cannot be exported."

Is There ANY way to get the files to work in FCP or to transfer them to a quicktime format?
Thank you!
John

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: XD CAM MAC Problem, PLEASE!!!
on Jul 21, 2010 at 1:54:01 am

[John Russell] "I tried to export the files through the Clip Browser but It says "clip cannot be exported.""

Clip Browser is basically a copy tool and doesn't re-wrap XDCAM EX clips for Final Cut Pro. You need Sony's XDCAM Transfer Tool for that. This program is a universal binary and will install on either a Power PC or an Intel Mac. You can get Sony's Transfer Tool here:

http://www.sony.ca/xdcamex/support.htm

You're looking for the the following filename and it's the second one from the bottom of the page:

XDCAM Transfer for Final Cut Pro PDZK-P1 V2.11

See if you can install that file and then report back.

- Don

Don Greening
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index

John Russell
on Jul 21, 2010 at 2:34:42 am

PERFECT! this like worked.
Okay, now i have all of the necessary codecs installed that the program prompted at the beginning. Is there a proper way to convert the files?

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
on Jul 21, 2010 at 2:43:48 am

Open XD Transfer and add the folder where the (BPAV) media is, then highlight all the clips and export. Make sure to set up the Preferences for where you want the converted files to land.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

John Russell
on Jul 21, 2010 at 2:52:03 am

You Guys Are My Hero!

Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]