FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ex1/FCP reference file -sound issues

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
brian paterson
Ex1/FCP reference file -sound issues
on Jul 20, 2010 at 12:44:05 am

I have just finished making a reference file from a 1 hour 40 minute wedding video shot with
a Sony EX1-r which took 14 hrs to render in a pro res timeline but only seven minutes to make the reference file out of final cut pro 7.
It looks fine except that the vocal sound track seems slightly louder and where the solitary clear voice of the vicar speaking in the church the speech is slightly distorted as if it had been over recorded. I can't think what it is that might be causing this. - Any ideas. The original soundtrack on the edit seems fine without such distortion Could it be that it's just because I am reviewing a reference file and that in fact when I make a DVD from this it will be O.K.
Is the playback of a reference file an accurate representation of the finished article as it will be when written to DVD. Finally do you think the reference file might be the problem as it did seem to output itself in a remarkably short space of time (7 minutes) given the 189 GB size of the render files
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Brian Paterson

brian paterson

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: Ex1/FCP reference file -sound issues
on Jul 20, 2010 at 5:57:53 pm

In the FCP timeline choose a choose one of the problem audio sections with in and out points and export a self-contained movie (current settings). See if the problem persists.

- Don

Don Greening
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index

brian paterson
Re: Ex1/FCP reference file -sound issues
on Jul 20, 2010 at 7:01:19 pm

Thanks for the reply Don,
I will try that and see what happens.

Many Thanks

BRIAN.