FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX1 material in Vegas..

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
charles martin
EX1 material in Vegas..
on Jul 18, 2010 at 10:35:41 am

I am editing EX1 material in Vegas.... full HD ...1920x1080i...ntsc project.
Looking to deliver an MP4 file to a client... So they are looking for HD material delivered in an MP4 file format... Can this be done?
I submitted the same question in the 'Sony Vegas' section of this forum....but after a couple of days still no replies...
Many thanks for any advice!

Return to posts index

Enrique Orozco
Re: EX1 material in Vegas..
on Jul 18, 2010 at 4:49:04 pm

sure... it can be easily done.. Vegas 9pro can read the files from the BPAV folders natively.. and you can render to mp4 using either mainconcepts or Sony AVC mp4 options...it even has an internet HD-1280x720 template that gives nice HD-mp4 files..... excellent work-flow and results with my EX3 so far (although I always record progressive with same setting on Vegas...)

good luck

Enrique Orozco R.
http://www.dvideostudio.com >iDEA DigitalVideoStudio

Return to posts index

charles martin
on Jul 18, 2010 at 8:43:12 pm

Hi Enrique...thanks for getting back to me.
I am having a little trouble finding the template you talk about.
I have a project created... HD 1920x108060i (29.970) when i go to main concepts mp4 i only see templates for Ipod ...320x240 or 640x480...i cannot see the HD template for Mp4 that you refer to.
Could you give me more specific directions as to how to render an HD project in MP4 and preserve the HD quality?
Many thanks!!!!

Return to posts index

charles martin
on Jul 18, 2010 at 8:54:15 pm

Hi again Enrique.... I think i found the template you were talking about....it is in the second Main concepts related to MP4 ....indeed...i did a quick test and it was excellent!! and is the frame size you mentioned...1280x720.... I shoot everything in 1080i... so ....HQ....1080 60i as i deal with ntsc. do you shoot in 720p at 30p ?

Return to posts index

Enrique Orozco
on Jul 19, 2010 at 4:15:28 pm

Hi Charles... the internet HD template comes in the SonyAVC mp4 options (at least in Vegas 9)... and I also deal with NTSC, but I prefer progressive modes over interlaced... shooting 1080-30p and 720-60p (sports or when slow motion required) most of the times...
always rendering in Vegas with best quality and progressive settings (to HD 1080p, 720p for web and also for SD-DVDs)....

good luck

Enrique Orozco R.
http://www.dvideostudio.com >iDEA DigitalVideoStudio

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]