FORUMS: list search recent posts

SxS to Mac Book without express slot

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Teed
SxS to Mac Book without express slot
on Jul 15, 2010 at 2:59:11 am

The new Mac Book 15 inch does not have an express slot. The Sony SxS card reader is USB out, painfully slow. An earlier post asks this question, but has anyone found a way to export to firewire in?

Thanks in advance -

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: SxS to Mac Book without express slot
on Jul 15, 2010 at 6:00:06 am

You obviously need to find an SxS card reader that can connect to your laptop via FW 400 or 800. I don't know if anyone even makes that but you might want to check out Nexto DI who makes the NVS2500. This will allow you to back up your SxS media directly to a connected SATA hard drive without the need for a laptop at all.

http://www.nextodi.com/en/product/NVS2500_en.html

- Don

Don Greening
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index

Bob Tompkins
on Jul 15, 2010 at 12:10:02 pm

I do not believe there is a device that will allow you to import SxS into a MacBook 15" that is not USB. I am trying to use the Sonnet Qio multi card ingest device with my 17" through eSata with little success. I have also tried using the Qio with my brand new MacPro but it does not support 64bit. It is useless.

Oddly, I can't use the Express 34 slot in my 17" MacBook for direct ingest because I am already using it for my eSata external hard drives.

That being said, I am using 32GB SDHC cards with my EX1R and using an old Verbatim card reader for ingest and I don't find it "painfully" slow. I think it could be better but I don't believe the device exists yet.

Someone needs to step up and invent a FW800 SxS card reader.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jul 15, 2010 at 1:03:34 pm

Of course the new 15" does have an SDHC slot built in. Shoot SDHC and the input would be simple.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]