New Sony interchangeable lens camera?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noah Kadner
New Sony interchangeable lens camera?
on Jul 14, 2010 at 4:47:35 pm

Hmm- looks like someone moved the goalposts once again:

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/NEXVG10/NEXVG10A.HTM

"What a way to celebrate 25 years of the Handycam brand, right? Out of absolutely (almost) nowhere, Sony has just upended the entire prosumer camcorder universe, and it may very well sway you from purchasing that Canon EOS 7D for video purposes. For all intents and purposes, this is Micro Four Thirds for your camcorder, but since Olympus and Panasonic own that specific technology, Sony's left calling the NEX-VG10 an "interchangeable lens HD camcorder."

Moreover, it's the first Handycam to sport an Exmor APS HD CMOS sensor (the same one found in the NEX-5 and NEX-3), and it'll shoot 1080p24 with a wealth of E-mount and A-mount lenses. When not handling live action, it's also capable of snapping stills at 14.2 megapixels, and the 18-200mm lens that's bundled with it is about as versatile as they come. Budding videographers will also appreciate the Quad Capsule Spatial Array Stereo Microphone (yes, seriously), not to mention the 3-inch swivel display, Optical Steadyshot image stabilization, BIONZ processor and twin accessory shoes. There's no internal storage to speak of, but it will accept SDHC / SDXC (huzzah!) in addition to MS Pro Duo. Get ready to get wowed this September when it lands for around $2,000."

-Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Learn DSLR Cinematography.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: New Sony interchangeable lens camera?
on Jul 14, 2010 at 4:57:54 pm

It's still a "consumerish" camera as far as camera controls go but expect an EX equivalent before the end of the year IMHO. I guess one wonders if they'll go with MPEG-2 50mbps or AVC of some sort with that Pro version.

BTW I think the whole consumer/prosumer/pro camera thing is getting very blurry and you can't even define things by price point anymore. For example if control of DOF is important is $2000 micro 4/3 size chip less "professional" than 2/3" chip at much higher price. Like a "mechanic" with kit, we may be buying lots of tools which individually might be less expensive than the one size fits all tool.

Return to posts index

Clint Fleckenstein
Re: New Sony interchangeable lens camera?
on Jul 14, 2010 at 8:18:14 pm

That looks really, really cool! Good thing I bought my 7D to shoot stills ;)

Cf

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]