FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony EX1/EX3 updated versions?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rudy Shalamar
Sony EX1/EX3 updated versions?
on Jul 14, 2010 at 2:20:28 pm

It seems like major retailers like B&H are no longer selling new EX1's or EX3s.

I am guessing Sony has moved on to new models.

Does anyone know what new Sony models are basically the same as the EX1 and EX3?

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Sony EX1/EX3 updated versions?
on Jul 14, 2010 at 2:28:00 pm

The first place to look would be Sony's site and you'll see EX1R, PMW 320, PMW 350 and EX3 is still be there. Is there are reason you are suspicious of using Sony's site as a reliable source for what they sell?

Return to posts index

Rudy Shalamar
on Jul 14, 2010 at 2:48:24 pm

I was basing my info off the B&H site.

I get great deals through work and it seems B&H stopped selling the EX1 and EX3.

Since price-point and point-of-purchase are my biggest factors, the Sony site does not supply me with the info I need.

B&H carries a pretty big list of Sony cameras but I just don't know what cameras are on the same level as the EX1 or Ex3.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Rudy Shalamar
on Jul 14, 2010 at 2:50:11 pm

Scratch that...found the EX1R there.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Clint Fleckenstein
on Jul 14, 2010 at 8:49:27 pm

um....PMW-EX3

In stock, too.

Cf

Return to posts index

Bob Tompkins
on Jul 15, 2010 at 12:39:24 pm

I just bought 3 EX1R and am purchasing 3 more soon. They are $6,299.00 which is the price Sony requires them to be sold at. I purchased mine through Rule Broadcast/Boston Camera in Boston. My suggestion to you would be to purchase it from a reputable dealer in your area. I love B and H and purchase things from the weekly because of their great prices and unbelievable delivery. But on a camera purchase I would prefer to buy from a person in a building that I can physically bring the product to if I have a problem. If the price is the same why not.

I need to have the software updated on my cameras. Rule has offered me a loaner for the time that it takes my camera to be updated. I don't think B and H would do that.

Also, some people say that for the extra money the EX3 is more flexible than the EX1. It was not necessary for me but you might want to consider that.

Return to posts index

Ronnie Martin
on Jul 15, 2010 at 1:22:12 pm

I have shot extensively with both the EX-1 and the Ex-3. Both are outstanding cameras. The only thing I found different with the EX-3 was the ergonomics which still needs some improvement. Also the Ex-3 is more easilly studio configured because of the additonal out puts and the ability to use other lenses. The Ex-1 or now the EX-1r is much easier to travel with because it will fit into a smaller bag that will fit easilly in the overhead of an airplane. Also the view finder is not as apt to be damaged in transit.

Great Cameras

Ronnie Martin
http://www.ramtv.tv
http://www.dirtracingvideo.com

Ronnie Martin
Kato Video Productions
http://www.dirtracingvideo.com

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jul 15, 2010 at 1:38:17 pm

EX1R has features EX3 doesn't. Record cache, DV recording, HDMI out just to name a few off the top of my head. While Sony updated the EX1 to 1R they did not do the same for the EX3, hence the disparity in features.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]