FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX3 on magnetic fields

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
eldrin flores
EX3 on magnetic fields
on Jul 12, 2010 at 6:45:51 am

Hi guys.

We have this industrial location which they say, has a very strong "magnetic field" that can wipe out any date from a credit card for example. So we are a bit worried if we can use EX3 on that shoot for it might erase the footage stored on memory stick. Did you experienced something like this?

One of us suggested to use 16mm film.

Hope you can help me, thank you.

Return to posts index

Clint Fleckenstein
Re: EX3 on magnetic fields
on Jul 12, 2010 at 1:54:57 pm

If it can wipe out a credit card, there's always the possibility that it can also damage electronic equipment or media. I think you guys are on the right track with 16mm. I'd leave my cell phone in the car too :)

My wife asked me to take a bracelet in for repair last Friday and I put it in my pocket with my cell phone. Later I realized that it connected with a rare earth magnet, and my phone's display was scrambled. I had to dig into my phone via USB and grab all my vital info and load it into a new phone. Lesson learned.

Cf

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: EX3 on magnetic fields
on Jul 12, 2010 at 5:10:17 pm

Is there a way they can de-energize the magnet while you're there? Most magnetic fields attenuate very quickly so as long as you don't rest your camera on top of one you should be fine.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Learn DSLR Cinematography.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]