FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony EX1 1080p25fps shutter problem

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Ellison
Sony EX1 1080p25fps shutter problem
on Jul 8, 2010 at 12:08:53 pm

Hey all,

Apologies in advance for what is probably a very simplistic question that I just cannot crack. Basically, we have decided to start shooting 1080p25fps, but I find the shutter to be very juddery. I personally like this look but I know the boss will never go for it. Even if I go into Q/S and turn shutter speed on it will only go up to 30, which doesn't really help. Is there any advice anyone could give me to make movement smoother? I'd really appreciate it.

Cheers

Gary

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: Sony EX1 1080p25fps shutter problem
on Jul 8, 2010 at 6:39:51 pm

[Gary Ellison] " Even if I go into Q/S and turn shutter speed on it will only go up to 30, which doesn't really help."

I just reconfigured my NTSC EX1R for shooting in PAL. I changed to HQ 1080 25p and set the shutter speed to 1/50 sec. by navigating to the shutter speed using the direct menu right on the LCD display. Make sure your physical shutter speed switch under the lens is set to "on". Anyway, I had no problem setting the shutter speed to 1/50th sec. on my camera (minimum shutter speed for PAL 25p). Your EX1 will be exactly the same procedure.

[Gary Ellison] "I personally like this look but I know the boss will never go for it."

Gary, the finished "look" of 24p and 25P doesn't have the same amount of frame judder as it does when you're shooting. You need to go through the whole process from acquisition to screen before you make your final decision. We have a client from a large organization that demands 24p for television and web and it looks just fine.

- Don

Don Greening
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]