FORUMS: list search recent posts

clip browser on Atom processor

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
carl anderson
clip browser on Atom processor
on Jul 7, 2010 at 9:17:43 pm

I've been traveling with a Dell 10v Hackintosh - using it for email and web.
I just bought an EX3. Will I be able to run Clip Browser on the 10v, atom processor, with
a SxS reader, (strictly for viewing in the field) or do I look into purchasing a MacBook?
I will be editing in FCP on my Mac desktop.
Thank you.

Return to posts index

Clint Fleckenstein
Re: clip browser on Atom processor
on Jul 7, 2010 at 9:50:56 pm

I think you're gonna have to be the guinea pig on that one, my friend. Sounds like a very uncommon configuration.

Cf

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jul 7, 2010 at 10:04:39 pm

From Sony's USA site specific to ClipBrowser specs:

Windows requirements:
OS: Microsoft Windows XP SP2 or higher (32-bit version), or Microsoft Windows Vista (32-bit version)*
CPU: Intel Pentium III 1 GHz equivalent or higher (Intel Pentium D 3 GHz equivalent or higher recommended)**
Memory: 512 MB or more (1 GB or more recommended)
* Microsoft Windows and Windows Vista are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
** Intel and Pentium are registered trademarks of Intel Corporation in the United States and other countries.

Hmm, I wonder how the Atom processor compares to Pentium III. I played with it on a Pentium D 2.8GHz which is just below their "recommended" minimum and it worked although I could have sworn I saw smoke coming out of it and the fan noise scared my cat.

I'd imagine smooth playback, which seems to be your goal, might be a challenge. Just copying files might hold more promise.

Return to posts index

carl anderson
on Jul 8, 2010 at 12:09:43 pm

Will see if I can just copy files. I'll let you know if I have to call the fire department.
Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]