FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM HD 422 and Flash XDR

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Quentin Lareau
XDCAM HD 422 and Flash XDR
on Jul 1, 2010 at 7:19:30 pm

I just downloaded and installed the XDCAM transfer software and plugins for FC 6.0.6, and I'm not not seeing XDCAM HD 422 as a sequence setting. I'm trying to test the Flash XDR with my EX3, and I've recorded at 180mbps, and the Flash XDR manual says to set sequence settings to XDCAM HD 422, but unfortunately for some reason its not an option. I have successfully recorded and imported 35mbps 1080 24p through my SxS card reader with a sequence setting of XDCAM 1080 23.98 VBR. So my question is what am I missing? is there a specific download from Sony that I need for the XDCAM HD 422 preset? thx

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: XDCAM HD 422 and Flash XDR
on Jul 1, 2010 at 7:44:47 pm

Make sure that the "show all" box is checked in Easy Setups or go to the menu Sequence>Settings>General and click on Compressor. See if the XDCAM HD presets are there.

- Don

Don Greening
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Jul 2, 2010 at 2:06:38 am

Why do you need a Sequence Easy Setup, when you can conform the sequence to whatever footage you want?
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Quentin Lareau
on Jul 2, 2010 at 2:29:07 am

Yeah, I don't need an easy setups, I was just being paranoid because I was trying to follow exactly what was described in the Flash XDR's manual. When I import the clips, the sequence settings change to match clip settings, and the compressor is selected as XDCAM HD 422. Thank you for your help

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
on Jul 2, 2010 at 4:20:37 am

So after reading this post you must have choose the Quicktime file format on the Flash XDR. These file are completely editable with Final Cut Pro.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
on Jul 2, 2010 at 4:18:40 am

So you recorded at 180 Mbps, what file format (wrapper) did you choose? MXF or Quicktime (.mov)????

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]