FORUMS: list search recent posts

Grey boxes on XDCAM-EX files

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee Hanatschek
Grey boxes on XDCAM-EX files
on Jun 29, 2010 at 3:13:55 am

I have just installed Final Cut Pro on my new Mac and some of the HD MOV files that have been provided to me by my camera guys has got a grey box all across the middle of them.

When inspecting the files in Quicktime it appears as though the format says they are Calibrated XDCAM-EX 1080i50. All plays fine there is a grid with a large grey box in the middle of the screen. It is as if I'm missing a codec or something silly.

These files appear to work fine on two of my colleagues computers but not mine?

Any assistance that someone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Grey boxes on XDCAM-EX files
on Jun 29, 2010 at 4:14:26 am

You have a demo of CalibratedSoftware EX MOV playback plugin. It is not compatible with Final Cut Pro systems so you should remove the plugin (Quicktime component).

Return to posts index

Lee Hanatschek
on Jun 29, 2010 at 5:03:36 am

I found a calibratedXD Plug in, which I have got rid of but still when I either import the vision into FCP or play through QT it has the grey running straight through the middle of the screen.

Any other suggestions?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Jun 29, 2010 at 5:42:05 am

Look if there are some Calibrated Preferences, p.list, or so, and delete it.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Lee Hanatschek
on Jun 29, 2010 at 7:17:29 am

I've found a calibrated folder and deleted that but still no luck.

Any other suggestions?

Return to posts index

Greg Booth
on Jun 29, 2010 at 10:00:44 am

Hi,

It looks like you installed our Calibrated{Q} XD Decode for OSX at some point. The grey boxes are the DEMO MODE watermark for an older version of our software (the DEMO MODE watermark now is the product logo).

The uninstall instructions are in the Calibrated{Q} XD Decode User Guide PDF which you can find here:

http://www.calibratedsoftware.com/QXDDownload.asp

But basically,

1. Close all applications
2. Delete the Calibrated folder from the /Applications directory
3. Delete the CalibratedXDCodec.component from the /Library/QuickTime folder (that's the Library folder on your Main harddrive NOT the Library folder in your User directory)
4. restart

and that's it.

Cheers,
Greg

Calibrated Software

Return to posts index

Lee Hanatschek
on Jun 29, 2010 at 11:25:59 pm

Hi Greg,

Thanks for that. For a minute there I thought I'd solved it but apparently not. I now can't play them at all, it says that the format is unsupported now.

After one of the earlier posts I deleted a folder called CalibratedXD, which must have been linked to FCP.

On the positive side, I have been able delete the file which meant nothing worked and then loaded the demo version of CalibratedXD onto my older computers, which doesn't have FCP installed, and the grey box has now been replaced by the logos. So that appears to be the answer, now I've got to try and file the decoder for my FCP, unless I have to uninstall and re-install the entire FCP - I hope not.

Any advice?

Return to posts index

Clint Fleckenstein
on Jun 30, 2010 at 6:18:12 pm

You can use a utility like Pacifist to install only the codecs from your Final Cut Studio install discs. It requires a little bit of nuts-n-bolts knowledge, but it's very straightforward and will save you a ton of time. I've had to perform this in the past.

Cf

Return to posts index

Lee Hanatschek
on Jul 15, 2010 at 5:13:24 am

Clint,

Can you explain to me what Codec I should be looking for as all of the codecs I can see through Pacifist appear to be already in the folder you are describing and the Calibrated XD codec isn't on the Final Cut Pro discs?

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]