FORUMS: list search recent posts

problem playing EX3 files.

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
צור איתי
problem playing EX3 files.
on Jun 20, 2010 at 10:28:58 am

hi,
i'm having a problem watching the files i copied the files from the EX3 camera.
actually i did a "remov" command and not "copy" but i don't think that's the problem.
i did copy everything that was on the memory card, including the source files. itried to open them with every program known to mankind: avid ("link to ama"), final cut ("log and transfer"), premiere, sony clip browser and that's about it.
they all recognizing the files but they don't play them. i only see black. no duration, no nothing. avid writes "media offline" and sony clip browser just putting an exclamation mark on them while on "thumbnail".
i have more than 100GB of documantary footage on those mp4 files (which are not really mp4 and i need to unwrapp them somehow).
is there any chance that al the footage is gone despite the fact that all the very big mp4 files are existing?

another thing. if one card is without the source files and only the CLPR folder exists, is there a way to recreate the source or viewing the fotage somehow.
i'm desperate. help. plz.
itay

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: problem playing EX3 files.
on Jun 20, 2010 at 3:26:11 pm

Hi
You must copy the whole BVAP folder.
Put it inside another folder and with the SONY Transfer application use the "Add" (lower left corner) function.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

צור איתי
on Jun 20, 2010 at 3:36:16 pm

hi rafael,
with what program do u mean "SONY Transfer application"?
is it with the camera itself or a sony program? i did not understand.
furthermore, if i don't have the the whole BPAV folder and i only have the CLPR folder, is it still possible to unwrapp the MP4 files?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Jun 20, 2010 at 3:58:09 pm

Hi,
The SONY Transfer is the application that lets you unwrap the MP4 as QT or MFX (PC).
But to run it you need the integral BPAV folder structure.

If the MP4s are OK, you can use the clip Browser to create a new BPAV folder.
This is the process: You need to create a new folder and Import the MP4s:

Then you can run the Transfer tool on this folder.
You need to download the Transfer tool from SONY.
The version I have is PDZK-P1-V2_11. I guess there are some newer version.
Rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jun 20, 2010 at 4:05:51 pm

Copy files from card with Sony Clipbrowser with CRC on.
Those BPAV would be placed in a parent folder. ClipBrowser creates a date stamped parent folder.
Add parent folder to XDCAM Transfer to wrap to MOV for Final Cut Pro
Clipbrowser can wrap to MXF for other NLEs

NEVER copy files by hand.
NEVER take anything out of BPAV. Would you pull a tape out of a DV cassette to play it? BPAV is cassette. DO NOT BREAK THE CASSETTE. DO NOT REMOVE ANYTHING.

If all you have is CLIPR you've lost the metadata needed for the Sony programs and most NLEs. In effect you've tossed away the cassette and now have a pile of tape that doesn't thread into the tape deck.

You can rebuild the BPAV.
You can use Sony Clipbrowser IMPORT function to import the MP4
Create new folder and make that folder to target in the lower window.
While in ClipBrowser drag clip into the lower window.
It will create new BPAV with proper metadata although it will not necessarily match the metadata generated by the camera.

Return to posts index

Bob Tompkins
on Jun 20, 2010 at 11:26:47 pm

The Sony program is called XDCam Transfer is is available on the Sony site. I am sure the link is here somewhere. If using Final Cut it must be opened from Log and Transfer to work correctly. Download the DFU's form the website. They are very helpful.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]