FORUMS: list search recent posts

strange battery charger light and switronix

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shilpi Gupta
strange battery charger light and switronix
on Jun 7, 2010 at 9:58:46 pm

Hi all -- I have a new EX1. I plugged it in and put my Switronix Series 7 battery on to charge. It started blinking a really funny light -- just quickly flashing black and forth between green and orange... which usually it's steadily one or the other.

I swapped out the batteries and put in my Sony battery that came with the camera. It didn't do this, but was flashing green rather than the steady green.

Does anyone know if this is a major warning? It just seemed like a bad idea especially cuz there seemed to be this humming noise with it.

Thank you in advance... much much appreciated

ps: we're in Israel on a shoot but the charger says it takes 100-240V. If that makes a difference to any answer.

Return to posts index

Will Salley
Re: strange battery charger light and switronix
on Jun 8, 2010 at 3:02:42 am

First, Make sure the power plug is connected back into the battery. It has what looks like just a holder but it is a real plug and needs to complete the connection in order for the battery to reach a full charge. Having said that, I did have one Switronix arrive DOA and exhibiting the same blinking LEDs. They exchanged it and no problems since.

Mac Pro 2x2.8 Quadcore - 10.6.3 - QT 7.6.3 - 22 GB RAM - nvidia8800GT - SATA internal & external storage - Blackmagic Multibridge Pro - Open GL 1.5.10 - Wacom Intous2 tablet - AJA io
SONY XDCAM EX3 - Letus Elite - FC7.0.2 - CS4 Prod Prem.

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Jun 8, 2010 at 2:20:00 pm

Shilpi, can't speak about the other battery but I do know that when charging the Sony one you get a blinking amber light then when it reaches 80% charged the light blinks green until fully charged when you get a steady green, so it looks like yours was already at 80%.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Shilpi Gupta
on Jun 8, 2010 at 2:49:45 pm

Hah! I didn't realize there was an interim point when it blinks green. Thank you. And the switronix plugging it into the battery worked. I didn't realize that was a self-powering source. I just thought it was wrapping the cord around.

Thank you very much. We called Sony and they told us the charger was broken! hah. Creative cow has the answers!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]