FORUMS: list search recent posts

Snow Leopard 10.6.4 AND XDCAM EX

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Detro
Snow Leopard 10.6.4 AND XDCAM EX
on Jun 7, 2010 at 9:09:49 pm

This question may be redundant, so forgive me if it is, but I am having a great deal of trouble getting a definitive answer.

I wish to move from Mac OS10.5.8 to OS 10.6.4 but have been reluctant to do so due to the problems I have read about with Sony Clip Browser in the OS 10.6 environment. Reading posts on this forum and others I get the sense that the problems have been worked out, but (and this is a big but) I am unable to get a definite "yes it works fine now" answer. So the questions are : does Sony now support XDCAM EX, if so what generation browser do I need to have installed and most importantly, what link do I use to find the download from Sony's site. I have found the Sony site to be at best difficult.

Thank you for any help.

<

James Detro
Video/Lighting

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Snow Leopard 10.6.4 AND XDCAM EX
on Jun 7, 2010 at 9:49:41 pm

I would like to move to 10.6.4 as well and that may happen as this thread develops but it isn't in my "software update" yet.

Otherwise I'm having no issues with current version of ClipBrowser and XDCAM Transfer in OS 10.6.3

Return to posts index

Kerry Brown
on Jun 7, 2010 at 10:59:03 pm

This site has the latest versions. They work fine with Snow Leopard 10.6.3 on my computer.

tp://www.sony.co.uk/biz/view/ShowContent.action?logicalname=ssw-bc-xdcamex-0807&site=biz_en_GB

KB

Return to posts index

Will Salley
on Jun 8, 2010 at 3:08:28 am

I've had no problems whatsoever with Snow Leopard and Clip Browser V2.6. I've been using it, FCP, and XDCAM Transfer 2.11 for 3 or 4 months almost everyday.

Mac Pro 2x2.8 Quadcore - 10.6.3 - QT 7.6.3 - 22 GB RAM - nvidia8800GT - SATA internal & external storage - Blackmagic Multibridge Pro - Open GL 1.5.10 - Wacom Intous2 tablet - AJA io
SONY XDCAM EX3 - Letus Elite - FC7.0.2 - CS4 Prod Prem.

Return to posts index

Bob Tompkins
on Jun 8, 2010 at 10:56:28 am

Have not heard of 10.6.4 but 10.6.3 and XDCam Transfer and Clip Browser and FCP work flawlessly together.

Return to posts index

Clint Fleckenstein
on Jun 8, 2010 at 3:23:26 pm

They just opened a new Snow Leopard exhibit here at the zoo in Bismarck. I haven't tried to shoot 'em with our XDCAM EX gear yet. They have little glass viewing portals out inside the cages, maybe I'll take an EX1 or EX3 in there and give y'all a report! :) They've got a new tiger exhibit next door, but I think that's been proven to work.

Cf

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jun 8, 2010 at 3:35:28 pm

Snow Leopard, Tiger . . . wow an exhibit of Mac Operating Systems. Talk about marketing.

Return to posts index

Bob Tompkins
on Jun 8, 2010 at 6:53:18 pm

Make sure you have the right drivers.....

Return to posts index

Arterium Angledal
on Feb 2, 2011 at 11:54:04 am

just reformatted macbook pro and can't get XDCAM BROWSER working with snow leopard.
error message is XDCAM EX BROWSER QUIT UNEXPECTEDLY....
XD CAM TRANSFER also does not want to work. error message is system 10 database not supported.
These both worked fine before reformat.
anyone got solutions? PLEASE.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]